How does Ancient tend to be scaled? (1 Viewer)

Ringo

Good/Bad?

ALSO

Does anyone do, or know of a school that does, Hellenistic Period from the Death of Alexander the Great to the Death of Cleopatra VII?

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
Ancient is considered to be one of the easier subjects, but it is still not as bad as some of the other subjects. there is another thread that talks about the scaling, can't remember its name.
overall it scales worse than modern

sif not 99

bottom line if u want a mark 99+ u need about 93, well this was on last years and year previous results, otherwise it will hurt,

to make it work for u, at least mid 90s 94+

Wiggum

Originally posted by sif not 99
bottom line if u want a mark 99+ u need about 93, well this was on last years and year previous results, otherwise it will hurt,

to make it work for u, at least mid 90s 94+
The best way to do that is to study and hope all of your other classmates get at least a mid-high band 5 average.

Ringo

I got 91 in the Trial (Independent I think) with a minimum of historiography and next to no sources....... I'm aiming for 96 as my UAI. I've also accumulated about 45 sources/historians to mention and quote. Think I've got a chance of making it count?

Ringo

Originally posted by Wiggum
The best way to do that is to study and hope all of your other classmates get at least a mid-high band 5 average.
crap.

In my class, there are 3 top performers and then a sharp drop to a mid ranger then maybe 6-7 high 60s and some people who have consistently failed........... tell me the truth - am I :apig:

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
if u are coming first ( which i assume u are) than it doesn't matter about your classmates

Wiggum

Well if you've looked at sif not 99's post in "What did you get in the CSSA exam?" then you should know that the marks don't matter unless they don't do anything about it from now till the hsc. Even so, it does not mean that they can't get band 5.

Wiggum

It shouldn't affect you that greatly then. You aren't completely immune but you are relatively immune from the bottom guys dragging you down.

Ringo

cool :D thanks guys. I still think Maths will be my non-counted units, but it was either that or on of the Histories.
I'm off to bed, and to study John Donne *yawn* see ya tomoz

sif not 99

yeah an average of high band 5 will help majorly, i think ours was about 87 or so, its not so much ur ability to know historians, rather your ability to come up with something which is believable....i crammed that much I didnt know what was and what wasnt true by the end of it but it "sounded" right =) thats the key

malayz_angel

Originally posted by Ringo
crap.

In my class, there are 3 top performers and then a sharp drop to a mid ranger then maybe 6-7 high 60s and some people who have consistently failed........... tell me the truth - am I :apig:
Hehe we have a similar situation only I am coming first so I think its resting on me :(

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
the scaling for ancient is REALLY bad. go check out the 'ancient history is destroying my brain' thread, pg 2 for more info

according to uaiseeker, if you get 85 it scales down to 69 :/

Lundy

Banned
HSC
If I'm relying on a high average for my class then I'm probably doomed.

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Harimau
I do wonder though on why Ancient History is considered an easy subject. It scales worse than Economics, which i feel is somewhat on par with difficulty as Ancient History. We should complain :D
agreed. its suprising how bad ancient history scales. Compared to Bus Studies , modern history, etc theres so much more work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)