how does sam work? (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

Well it depends. A 1 unit course would be out of 50 while a 2 unit course will be out of 100, if though it is a 2 unit course and it is out of 50 then double the number to make it 100

So lets say MX1, it is a 1 unit if you don't do MX2, if got 40/50 just type that in, SAM knows what to do :p

Also try JUAI

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=72197

created by jm1234567890

P

pLuvia

Are you putting the marks in right? SAM doesn't take into account your rank or school as you should have realised

P

pLuvia

High ranked schools pull up the UAI, low ranked schools, either pull it down or don't do anything to it. But if I were you I would trust your teacher as they know more about you ;):p

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The mark its actually designed to take are your HSC marks (The marks you get the day before you get your UAI in December).

Entering other marks will give you a general idea but wont be spot on.

MCOLT

HSC
shouldnt we put slighlty higher marks in sam because isnt the hsc mark higher than the exam mark

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Not necessarily. If you rank 13/20 in your assessments, and 3/20 for the exam, the mark that is taken by the UAC to calculate your UAI will be lower than your exam mark, since they take the average moderated marks.

I_F

MCOLT

HSC
yea but if your coming 1st in assesment and you come 1st in exam, wouldnt the mark you put in sam be higher then your raw mark because i heard last year a raw mark of 95/120 in maths is 90 so you would put 90 in sam to get a more accurate prediction

is that right

P

pLuvia

Well putting the marks higher just makes you more confident which might make you think that your study pattern is good, and no more study is required. And when you actually get your UAI, you'll be more disappointed

But as you are saying, it depends which maths?, possibly the MX2 course and MX1 course, but definately not the 2u or general, in regards to maths

MCOLT

HSC
are you sure not 2 unit because if you look at some peoples raw marks and hsc marks there is a big difference especially for maths and english, there is thread here somewhere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)