How easy was that exam? (1 Viewer)

HSC
no, i disagree, i thought I failed my half yearlys....and I was really upset....and then I came back and got 60%. so it does happen, that u completely get your mark wrong!

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
charlie_charlie said:
no, i disagree, i thought I failed my half yearlys....and I was really upset....and then I came back and got 60%. so it does happen, that u completely get your mark wrong!
same... I seriously thought I messed up my 4u maths trials...and I ended up getting top of the class...it's just sometimes u get a bit paranoid

Estel

Tutor
HSC
heh you can't come out of an exam all nervous thinking you've got 10 wrong and then turn around to find full marks...

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
Yeah well you suffer from paranoia my friend.

Seriously though, in maths, you do a question, you KNOW if your right or not.
SIMPLE AS THAT.

Shragga

HSC
3u

Hey young un's,

Li0n said:
Yeah well you suffer from paranoia my friend.

Seriously though, in maths, you do a question, you KNOW if your right or not.
SIMPLE AS THAT.
That's B.S. When i finished the 3U last year, I was 100% certain i would get 100%. Like I finished in 47 mins, and had well over an hour to check. You know those solns that some guy put up for 3U/4U, he did that last year too. I checked it, and I thought, 100 FOR SURE. BUT, I still only freaking got 99. So you don't always know whether you are right...

Secondly, all you peeps saying 04 was harder than other papers, you will find that ppl say that every year. Like when we finished 03 everyone thought it was the hardest yet. What I reckon is, all the practice papers you do just isnt done in the "HSC environment". The pressure adds a lot to the difficulty. From looking at the 04 paper, I think it was at the same level as 03 (maybe a little longer). So if you knew your stuff, you should have been fine (your 7 (b) looks a little easier than our 7 (b)).

Oh, I REALLY think your paper favoured 4U kids toooo much. I STILL REMEMBER doing a q very similar to your 7 (a) in a 4U class.

I think 3U scales pretty well. From talking to my friends, I think if you got around 70/84 you should get band 6. You need to get 83 or 84 to get 100. Trust me, its easier than u think to make dumb little mistakes. I think what separates ppl who get 97+ is dumb mistakes.

Good Luck !

P.S. It's very easy to forget maths. So if you want to tutor or something, keep refreshing yourself... unless you're gonna do maths at uni (which u would have to if u do BSci or BEng or something).

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
Shragga said:
Hey young un's,

That's B.S. When i finished the 3U last year, I was 100% certain i would get 100%. Like I finished in 47 mins, and had well over an hour to check. You know those solns that some guy put up for 3U/4U, he did that last year too. I checked it, and I thought, 100 FOR SURE. BUT, I still only freaking got 99. So you don't always know whether you are right...

Secondly, all you peeps saying 04 was harder than other papers, you will find that ppl say that every year. Like when we finished 03 everyone thought it was the hardest yet. What I reckon is, all the practice papers you do just isnt done in the "HSC environment". The pressure adds a lot to the difficulty. From looking at the 04 paper, I think it was at the same level as 03 (maybe a little longer). So if you knew your stuff, you should have been fine (your 7 (b) looks a little easier than our 7 (b)).

Oh, I REALLY think your paper favoured 4U kids toooo much. I STILL REMEMBER doing a q very similar to your 7 (a) in a 4U class.

I think 3U scales pretty well. From talking to my friends, I think if you got around 70/84 you should get band 6. You need to get 83 or 84 to get 100. Trust me, its easier than u think to make dumb little mistakes. I think what separates ppl who get 97+ is dumb mistakes.

Good Luck !

P.S. It's very easy to forget maths. So if you want to tutor or something, keep refreshing yourself... unless you're gonna do maths at uni (which u would have to if u do BSci or BEng or something).
100 and 99 are, close. Like i said you must have been very pleased with how you went forgot on a shitty mistake you made and bla, you got it wrong. I was 100% sure i got 100% in this physics half yearly, i come out with 88%, forgot to change decimal places (from kilogram to gram) for a 3 mark and a 4 mark question so i get 1/3 and 1/4 for each of those.
Yeah.

bono2cool

HSC
N/A
maths question

a frog jumps 0.5m, it then jumps 0.1m and on each subsequent jump travels 0.2m of the previous distance. find to tal distance in which frog jumps.

use geometric progression? sum of infinite?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
bono2cool said:
a frog jumps 0.5m, it then jumps 0.1m and on each subsequent jump travels 0.2m of the previous distance. find to tal distance in which frog jumps.

use geometric progression? sum of infinite?
This isnt the place to ask but you would use arithmetic series (ignoring the first two jumps and adding them on later) as after its first two jump it continually increases by 0.2m

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)