• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How flexible is UoW with entry and UAIs? (1 Viewer)

blond_e

HSC
I heard they are pretty lenient when it comes to not getting the cut-off UAI and some people still get into the course even if they're 5 points under?

I really wanted to do BA or Education (P.E) at w'gong and I was just wondering if they're lenient when it comes to the cut-off UAI in those courses (if they are?)

Thanks.

blond_e

HSC
Damn, thanks. I'm just having second doubts about what I'll get in terms of UAI =/

blond_e

HSC
lol thanks for the encouragement :) The majority of my preferences are at UoW and the UAI ranges from 90 - 70 so hopefully I'm alright! I suppose pre-exam jitters.

Scanorama

HSC
Without Wings said:
It depends on the course - education they aren't very lenient with/they haven't been in the past (through discussion with other students etc). But that being said its still worth a try, as they are rather lenient with some of their other degrees in other faculties.
What about internal transfer? How lenient are they with the marks?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Scanorama said:
What about internal transfer? How lenient are they with the marks?
Usually you require a credit average (for your first year, normally).

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
poloktim said:
Usually you require a credit average (for your first year, normally).
As for internal transfers, there's a thread stickied to the top of the UOW forum provided by yours truly. :D

Don't worry about getting in, if you don't, it's really not that big a loss and you might even undertake alternative entry into a better university.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Without Wings said:
*throws things at Raiks*

education at UOW is awesome, there's no such thing as a better university :p
I stand corrected, there isn't such thing as a better university. It's actually a choice of the lesser evil.

Half a decade seems to be the baking time for a nice batch of cynicism at UOW.

Scanorama

HSC
Without Wings said:
*throws things at Raiks*

education at UOW is awesome, there's no such thing as a better university :p
Unfortunately the same thing can't be said for SITACS. First year was all right, second year so far has been disappointing. Judging from the performance of SITACS, 6 stars university my ass.

Anyway thanks for the reply, except for this one subject (CSCI203) I failed last session, I have more credits/distinction than pass, hopefully I will get into Primary Education next year. (I am in my 2nd year)

Ragetallica

HSC
Hey all.. just got my uai which was 76.4.. i really would love to get into the civil engineering course which is 78 and would like to know if any of you guys have heard of others getting into the engineering faculty with uais lower then expected cutoff? thanks

Scanorama

HSC
Ragetallica said:
Hey all.. just got my uai which was 76.4.. i really would love to get into the civil engineering course which is 78 and would like to know if any of you guys have heard of others getting into the engineering faculty with uais lower then expected cutoff? thanks
Do you live in Sutherland Shire, Wollongong, Kiama, Shoalhaven? If so, you have 3 bonus points, which would make it 79.4

Or you can give the uni a call, they might take you, you are only less than 2 points short of getting in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)