How Fuarkin' Annoying (1 Viewer)

taeyang

HSC
At the beginning of year 11, I was getting around 30% in tests for Ext1 mathematics, pretty much cause I couldn't give a da-yum, and it remained that way till the end of year 11. I started to think, you know mabye I should start trying? and so I asked the teacher to let me do Ext2 mathematics, obviously he said no, and I don't blame him, but I just did the CSSA for my trials and got 84/84 and now he wants me to do Ext2 next year, and the teachers are backing him. what the fffffuark? is they serious? what do guys, how do I break it too them that I am not going to help their school's outside judgements? It is only because we don't like ever get any ext2 kids but o well, I need help on what to say to them? suggestions?

brettymaccc

HSC
I'm kind of confused, you say you got 30% all through year 11, then just did your trial and got 84/84, and they want you to take Ext 2... next year? As in, when you've finished HSC?

taeyang

HSC
Well, see I didn't really care for school until the beginning of year 12, then I started studying a lot, then I went pretty good in that exam. Now that they realise that I can do 4u, they want me to redo year 12 to "help me get into a better uni course" when it is really to boost up the schools rep, as it is horrifically bad, and yes, when I have graduated.

brettymaccc

HSC
Well, see I didn't really care for school until the beginning of year 12, then I started studying a lot, then I went pretty good in that exam. Now that they realise that I can do 4u, they want me to redo year 12 to "help me get into a better uni course" when it is really to boost up the schools rep, as it is horrifically bad, and yes, when I have graduated.
Oh, I see. You aren't in any way obligated at all to re-do Year 12, so personally, I'd write a letter saying how you're rejecting their offer and get both your parents to sign it.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
i told u u shuld hav done 4 unit. but also just bcuz u got 84 doesnt mean u wuld have aced 4 unit. 4 unit students dont hav much time to study 3u. they are spending all their time on 4u. u might hav got 84. but ask anyone who does 4u, 3u just becomes like a turn up on the day and do well kinda thing.

taeyang

HSC
Yeah, I completely understand, it's a whole new ball game, right?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Pretty much anyone who does 4U devotes little, if any, time to 3U in my experiences.

khfreakau

HSC
I agree with Hermes1 and slyhunter, in 3u most of the time you can rock up and do well if you do 4u, since the difficulty of 3u is pretty insignificant compared to 4u.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I completely understand, it's a whole new ball game, right?
it is a whole new ball game. like 3U is just about makin as little mistakes as possible. but 4U is just like wat can i do in this paper and u hav to be very selective bcuz only a handful of ppl in the state can do the whole paper.

bottom line is i dont think it is worth ur time dedicating another hsc year to 4 unit. u wuld be much better of doing ur engineering degree in uni and learning the whole 4U course in the first few weeks and then furthering ur career aspects that way.

HSC
Uni Grad
you should be capable* of 100% in 3u if you do 4u imo

*you can do every question, silly mistakes and whatnot aren't included

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
if you really want to no just how different 4u is just look at the hsc results of past students.

u see a person get 98 in 3U but only 91 in 4U

but another person will have 97 in 3U and 96 in 4U

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)