how hard is it to pick subjects? (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey peeps so how hard is it to pick which subjects to do in first year?

i want to do bachelor of laws so how would i know what subjects to pick?

thanks x

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
hey peeps so how hard is it to pick which subjects to do in first year?

i want to do bachelor of laws so how would i know what subjects to pick?

thanks x
I think most of the first year units are core units to your degree and usually you have electives for 2nd and 3rd year (I think)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
This tells you all the courses you need to d : https://coursefinder.uow.edu.au/information/index.html?course=bachelor-laws

You will also be able to talk to someone before enrollment who can help you further if needs (or as time goes on if you want help planning out your course load). When planning your subjects you will need to consider avaliabilities (are they only available in s1 or s2), prequsites (subjects that you have to do before that subject) or corequesites ( have to do the unit before, or together with another subject) and also difficulty of said subject.

I would suggest that you follow this as a first-year schedule by the looks of things.

Year 1 S1
LLB1100 Foundations of Law 6
LLB1115 Legal Skills 6
LLB1120 Law of Contract A 6
LLB1130 Criminal Law and Procedure A 6
Yr 1 S2
LLB1160 Interpreting the Law 6
LLB1170 Law of Contract B 6
LLB1180 Criminal Law and Procedure B 6
LLB1197 Ethics & Professional Responsibility

HSC
This tells you all the courses you need to d : https://coursefinder.uow.edu.au/information/index.html?course=bachelor-laws

You will also be able to talk to someone before enrollment who can help you further if needs (or as time goes on if you want help planning out your course load). When planning your subjects you will need to consider avaliabilities (are they only available in s1 or s2), prequsites (subjects that you have to do before that subject) or corequesites ( have to do the unit before, or together with another subject) and also difficulty of said subject.

I would suggest that you follow this as a first-year schedule by the looks of things.

Year 1 S1
LLB1100 Foundations of Law 6
LLB1115 Legal Skills 6
LLB1120 Law of Contract A 6
LLB1130 Criminal Law and Procedure A 6
Yr 1 S2
LLB1160 Interpreting the Law 6
LLB1170 Law of Contract B 6
LLB1180 Criminal Law and Procedure B 6
LLB1197 Ethics & Professional Responsibility
thanks so much :) will definitely keep this in mind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)