How I got 99.95- Akhil (2 Viewers)

HSC
N/A
hey everyone interested in what my study schedule looked like- I did post it a bit before but here it is again

What I used to do was; every Sunday, I would write down a list of what I needed to do that week until the next Sunday. A list might look like this

- do a belonigng essay + give it to teacher
- read the great gatsby
- do all the Terry Lee questions on complex numbers
- do section 2 of Production of Materials + some questions
- Do section 2 and 3 of Space
- practical reports for all of the stuff so far

On any given day, I just did anything I felt like from the list.

It might sound really corny, but it actually works. Initially, I left a lot of work for Sunday, but I gradually begun spacing the work out over the week. The advnatages of doing stuff this way are:
1. You can make sure that you spread your work equally across your subjects since it is planned out
2. You know what you have to do, rather than sitting at your desk and thinking, ok now I have to study. A lot of people do this, and I think that it can waste a lot of time

In terms of motivation, having weekly goals kept me motivated. As well as that, knowing that I wanted to get into medicine and I needed to do well to get in kept me fairly motivated

DOn't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions!!

HSC
N/A
In terms of what you should be doing between now and the HSC, I think that you have to be smart about your use of time.

For science and math based subjects, I would recommend that you don't always do an entire past paper since that will be mindless repetition of straight outcomes or easy questions that you know how to do. I would say that you should do every few questions that look tough to you, and then check them against the answers (it is pointless, especially for science, if you do not check your answers against a harsh and reliable marking criteria). However, every week or few days, there is no harm in doing a full past paper since this will give you a feel for timed conditions and how you need to manage your time on the day

For English, I would recommend having a look at practise questions, and just practising writing essays and responses to questions. Learning to adaptt your material and knowledge to a host of different and difficult questions will be invaluable in ensuring that you are able to actually answer the question on the day.

If you have any specific questions, please do post them here and I will do my absolute best to respond to them (now I remember that I made this post I will make an effort to respond to all of you so that you all ace the HSC!!!)

Akhil

moonbear129

HSC
hi~~Is it possible to have access to your physics notes?? Or are you selling them instead??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)