How is this fashion? (1 Viewer)

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC

Do they actually expect people to wear this or was it something thought up while smoking a joint?

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
Gilbert1 said:

Do they actually expect people to wear this or was it something thought up while smoking a joint?
:rofl:

I've seen worse on television. Some of the clothes models on the catwalk wear are hilarious, and only look un-funny 'cause the models are good looking and have themselves done up. I just can't find any pics to prove this :S

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I think that about most of the fashion I see on people wandering around Uni.

Electric blue tights under a black jumper, for example.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
it is obvious that they are having a laugh by dressing up the model in the yellow gear because of the (what appears to be) lego men printed on the fabric. it could also be a small nod to the quirky costumes worn by DEVO back in the day...
*shrug* fashion shows aren't always about showcasing the clothing exactly as the average person would wear it. they're SHOWS - they want to hold people's attention and make it a bit of a spectacle. how boring would it be otherwise for the editors/stylists/buyers/etc to sit through show after dull show?

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i do think that everything about that outfit is hideous though. i would cry if ever saw anyone wear that vile top.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
chelsea girl said:
it is obvious that they are having a laugh by dressing up the model in the yellow gear because of the (what appears to be) lego men printed on the fabric. it could also be a small nod to the quirky costumes worn by DEVO back in the day...
*shrug* fashion shows aren't always about showcasing the clothing exactly as the average person would wear it. they're SHOWS - they want to hold people's attention and make it a bit of a spectacle. how boring would it be otherwise for the editors/stylists/buyers/etc to sit through show after dull show?
exactly, and how boring for the designer
theyre artists too
let them be flambuoyant and extravagant! its what theyre meant to do

sp0ntane0us

traveller of time & space
HSC
chelsea girl said:
it could also be a small nod to the quirky costumes worn by DEVO back in the day...
Hell yes! The hat+gloves reminded me of DEVO when I first looked at it.

The rest of the outfit just looks like a really ugly set of pyjamas.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i dont think that is very imaginative or creative, its just ugly. many designers have fun with fashion, but come on, as someone has said before, they are basically pajamas.

now vivienne westwood is another story.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i actually don't mind the pattern, if it was just on a tshirt or a bag or something. but everything about that picture is a bit off. it's ugly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)