How many CDs do you buy? (1 Viewer)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
How often does everyone buy CDs?
I didn't realise I bought CDs so often, but about a month ago I tried to figure out how many CDs I had bought last year, and I calculated that I had bought about 50. That is like one every week...which when you need to save money for UNI, is too much! So I made a little pact with myself that I was gonna go on a big music fast and not buy any CDs until the new Something For Kate album came out (which won't be until like August or something...I don't know who I was trying to kid:p ) but today I cracked and went and bought 9 in one go. There are just too many I want.:(

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
yeah heaps, but nowdays i just hint my sisters who have excess of money what they should buy

and i like music DVD's/live Cd's now

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
Burning only works out when your friends have good taste in music.:(
Or if you have a burner yourself ... and the net! :p :D :) :eek:

GJ_JOE

blood brother
theres a cd sale coming up on sunday 4th of may at parramatta town hall.....new albums under $20!

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by GJ_JOE
theres a cd sale coming up on sunday 4th of may at parramatta town hall.....new albums under $20!
If you want cheap CDs go to Dirt Cheap CDs on Pitt Street...all CDs there are $10, I've found so many bargains.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
shit dude, NINE in one go!! I have about 100 or so CD's in my collection, started buying CD's prolly a few years ago so I'm not as bad as you lol... I've cut down heaps though cos i'm frickin povo cos of gay uni.

I like doing the impulse-buying of CD's though.. often I really like the music, I did that for motor ace.. speedstar.. suede, just off the top of my head..

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
I got a burner so I don't really buy cd's.

Unless they are really cool. The last CD I bought was Systems' Steal this album.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
at last count i had about 130 cd's, and i'd estimate around 60% of them are bought. it comes and goes i suppose, i went through a stage where i would buy a cd a week, now i'll just buy them irregularly. some of my freinds have started to develop better tastes in music, so that's a bonus... :D

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
lol hope no cops are around...
all my CD collection (100+) bar a few are d/led of direct connect
*hides away
I couldnt imagine how poor i would be if I actually bought cds..
I cant even afford food now..

Sarah J

HSC
I rarely buy cds. I bought two last week though cos my cousin gave me a $50 voucher for Sanity for my b'day.

The rest though I download, or burn off my friends and my cousin (my cousin's friends are always buying good albums, so he borrows them, I burn them.):devil:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i buy cds... but not alot... yeah the last cd i brought was godskitchen. all the others i download or rip em off others, but dance cd's and mixes r soOo hard to get... so gotta buy em.. but hey its worth it so yeah :D

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i used to buy heaps of cd's, but i cant really afford to now. i think the last cd i bought was either the new dirty three album or the new adam said galore. it was a while ago.

i prefer to buy most cd's- cos the ones i buy are usually of idependent or at least semi-independent record companies, i reckon its good to give them a bit back for all the listening pleasure they give me.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Well, now they are bringing in those stupid protected CDs, so pretty soon we won't be able to burn anything!
Has anyone bought a CD that has the protection thing on it yet? (apparently the new Placebo album has it...) They won't play on computers, and some car CD players...how annoying!:mad1:

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
ever since i got my burner, i mainly download... seeing as none of my friends have the same taste in music...

but i try to actually purchase CDs of aussie bands and stuff (oh so patriotic)

Twintip

I have rows and rows of burnt CDs, basically everything that I want that I can get off Kazaa or WinMX. The last CD I bought was "The 12th Man - The Final Dig" because obviously CDs like that aren't on Kazaa because they're not very mainstream (actually, they're Australian and they're not mainstream, making their presence on Kazaa almost nil, far from a complete set of downloadable tracks). I worked out that I have burnt about 70 music CDs in the past 18 months since I got a burner for myself and friends/family (I have never sold them, all for free and they've supplied their own blanks). That's not including my own compilations, so add another 20 or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)