how many hours of study a week (1 Viewer)

lydiaodehh

HSC
how many hours a week would you allocate to
-adv eng
-adv maths
-chem
-legal
-modern
-his ext
-sci ext
thank u.

beetree1

HSC
as much as you can. seriously. just because someone else says 1 hour a day for maths would work for them, it may not work for you.
make a study timetable and allocate times based on how much you personally think you need to work on a particular subject and stick to the timetable!

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
as much as you can. seriously. just because someone else says 1 hour a day for maths would work for them, it may not work for you.
make a study timetable and allocate times based on how much you personally think you need to work on a particular subject and stick to the timetable!
This.

However a word of advice a timetable doesn't work for everyone. It really only works for those who are very punctual. It never worked for me because the timetable would say my time on Maths is up but I just couldn't get off it until I figured out the problem I was stuck on as an example. I realized I couldn't just leave something that I was stuck on until I figured it out so I would go like an hour or two over the timetable slot.

So yeah I never used a time table.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
Instead of a timetable you can have milestone goals for days/weeks e.g. by week 2 all modern topic 2 notes must be done, from that you can set smaller daily goals like finish dot point 1,2 etc.

or you can do hscbuzman 6 hours a day study schedule, whatever works

beetree1

HSC
This.

However a word of advice a timetable doesn't work for everyone. It really only works for those who are very punctual. It never worked for me because the timetable would say my time on Maths is up but I just couldn't get off it until I figured out the problem I was stuck on as an example. I realized I couldn't just leave something that I was stuck on until I figured it out so I would go like an hour or two over the timetable slot.

So yeah I never used a time table.
Ur right. I forget that sometimes because basically everyone in my school follows one.

I do recommend the listing of tasks at the very least, (as mentioned above) to do though over a short span of around a week, just so that when you have the time and you want to study, you do not sit around and wonder what to do.

shashysha

HSC
Instead of studying as much as you can, I'd say study as much as you need to understand the content. So tell yourself "Okay, im gonna learn this 1 topic today" and spend as much time as you need doing to learn and practice. Depending on topics, it can take from 15 minutes to 5 hours but I think its important for an equal balance between study / time to enjoy being a teenager to exist. HSC is important in the short term, but don't forget that health and enjoyment should also be equally as important.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd suggest spending more time on subjects that you are weaker on, but the time spent will probably vary week by week.

Trying to consistently study is probably more useful than doing massive long hours sproadically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)