How many issues do you recommend talking about? (1 Viewer)

paulush

HSC
My teacher said MINIMUM 4...but now, she is even suggesting one more.
Only, I don't see how you could possibly deliver any detail talking about more than 4..I'm already pushing my limits.

How many are you guys talking about?

So far I talk about:
  • AFA's (De-facto & Same Sex)
  • Domestic violence
  • Dissolution of marriage
  • Shared parenting

Although, I do realize the question may ask for something else, in which circumstances I'll improv it ^_^

bmn

HSC
I suggest having enough to cover all aspects of the syllabus in the effectiveness and reform parts. Of course, one section can cover more than 1, and 4 is fine as long as you talk about enough issues in each.

ajk92

HSC
My teacher said MINIMUM 4...but now, she is even suggesting one more.
Only, I don't see how you could possibly deliver any detail talking about more than 4..I'm already pushing my limits.

How many are you guys talking about?

So far I talk about:
  • AFA's (De-facto & Same Sex)
  • Domestic violence
  • Dissolution of marriage
  • Shared parenting

Although, I do realize the question may ask for something else, in which circumstances I'll improv it ^_^
if you do not talk about the best interests of the child you are shooting yourself in the foot.

wats

HSC
I personally am talking about maintainance payments(best interests of the child!), domestic violence, alternative family arrangements and aboriginal and torres straight marriage. Think that will be enough to cover especially in depth don't think I could write about much more in the time limit.
Don't think prepared answers are the go either as I think we may be in. For a surprise question unlike previous years

lilainjel

Rambler
HSC
if you do not talk about the best interests of the child you are shooting yourself in the foot.
In the issues that he listed, best interests of the child would probably be a sub-topic no? At least, thats the impression I have and what I'd do. I wouldn't use 'best interests of the child' as a main issue and then talk about where it's relevant. Rather, discuss one of the main issues explicitly stated in the syllabus and through that, refer to interests of child.

Just saying, I don't believe it has to be regarded as a whole new issue ;)

bmn

HSC
In the issues that he listed, best interests of the child would probably be a sub-topic no? At least, thats the impression I have and what I'd do. I wouldn't use 'best interests of the child' as a main issue and then talk about where it's relevant. Rather, discuss one of the main issues explicitly stated in the syllabus and through that, refer to interests of child.

Just saying, I don't believe it has to be regarded as a whole new issue ;)
Exactly... How could it not come under a combination of dissolution of marriage and shared parenting...?

HSC
4 - 6 small issues seems like a good number I think looking back at my trial essays (I didn't realise I had that many til I read over it it's not as impossible as you may think:)). Your topic "Dissolution of Marriage" I believe would cover more than one issue given that Shared Parenting itself is an aspect arising from the dissolution of marriage. 4 or 5 issues would only need like a para or two on each to make up your body paras.

AFAs and De Factos could be approached more specifically as well - you might only wish to mention one of these two types or differentiate a specific aspect between them such as adoption and such.

Agreed, best interests of the child isn't in itself an issue although it could be foregrounded whilst discussing one/some of your points. It's more of a broad approach in Family Law which is a fundamental principle behind much of the framework of Family Law.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)