How many marks would I lose for analysing 3 texts? (1 Viewer)

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
IN AOS the last Q of the first section...I looked at all THREE texts..didnt read the TWO bit! lol...noooo. So how many marks do you think I would lose? thanks

Benno

HSC
well they would take your best texts and mark them, or mark the first 2

SmokedSalmon

HSC
I mentioned the text 2 (not the one I'd choose) but tried to claim although it has a representation of change it didn't go into enough detail blah blah blah... meh as long as u kind of stated whether which of the two texts were the best.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah you are really meant to mention all three, cos you were meant to talk about the third one (that is, the one you didn't choose) and why it wasn't as appropriate as the other two.
So don't stress, you actually did the right thing.

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
Thanks guys! yippee! Well I hope you're all right! Cheers and good luck for the rest of your exams!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Either way, I don't think they will take marks off.

If all 3 are of good quality it will probably make it better.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i think it was actually a good decision to say why the third text wasn't as effective as the other two. rmb, the question says refer to two texts IN DETAIL, so if you glossed over the third one, and mentioned why it wasn't as good, i think they'll be more inclined to give u marks, rather than take them away.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
but it did say to look at two texts, i had checked, normally it will say 'refer to all three texts in your answer'

and i doubt u will lose any marks, they will just look at the 2 u chose to put in the book

JRasnier

but there not asking to analyse the three material, to the person who said u needed the third to analyse against, cause u can analyse good and bad points of the TWO texts they asked for, as those two texts dont instantly have no good points also...

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
firstly, they cant mark you down on doing more than you should
also, lookin at three texts in the final answers is what you should've done regardless

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)