How much did you write (1 Viewer)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
not really...i guess pplz are just curious........though it is true it oesnt matter...but its amazing when someoen really good write heapz.....my friend who is coming first for his skool in english wrote 3 full booklets (24 pages) each for section 3 and section 2....altogethre he used 8 booklets..... and his handwriting is lyk avg size... it's crazy....

Dangar

That's way more then I usually wrote and I came out feeling happy! After reading this thread I'm getting some pretty angry vibes but I would have to say I havn't seen any abusive threads from ppl who actually did write heaps, so they're not putting us down!! In fact they end their posts with good luck!! So lets all stop getting paranoid :)

I was disappointed with the twine though> after reading all about the 'ribbon effect' I was all excited cos I got to ask for another booklet and stuff and then I only got this brown piece of string. Aww I was hoping for ribbon!!

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Oh crap...I'm in for a Band 1...

I - 3
II - 1
III - 5.5

All in PAGES

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Dangar
I was disappointed with the twine though> after reading all about the 'ribbon effect' I was all excited cos I got to ask for another booklet and stuff and then I only got this brown piece of string. Aww I was hoping for ribbon!!
hahahha same...... the lady handed meeh this piece of string........i envisaged a satin ribbon in my head....oh well..still felt good getting the *ribbons* though.. haha

Maul

Well let's see. I wrote one booklet for question 1, part A, number i, worth one mark. I wrote five booklets for question 1, part A, number ii. Man. I think I'll have a quick intermission to just tell you how damn cool I am. Also, this is all totally true. Yes, I did write six booklets for three marks. Then finally, upon reaching question 1, part D only 20 minutes into the exam, I scanned over to how many marks it was worth and woah - it was five. I signalled the nearest supervisor and said, "Buddy, you better crack open a new box."

So all in all, I wrote roughly two hundred and nighty eight booklets, but who's counting? Fortunately, I managed to sneak a copy of a booklet of mine out of the exam room. Click on a link below to view a small portion of my quite standard lengthed exam response.

http://www.geocities.com/playmeyes/exam.jpg

As you can see, quality does apply to my quantity, so none of you should have anything to bitch about.

In conclusion, I'd like to say that I am extremely talented and I am appauled by the majority of short responses conjured up by the members here. Although I must say, I am rather disappointed with myself. Usually I write a hundred pages more, roughly. Shame on you, people. Shame on you.

Last edited:

vegeta_316

Section 1 - Didn't bother checking it
Section 2 - 3 pages
Section 3 - 8 pages

This thread topic had lost all meaning before it was even started.

HSC
this is ridiculous. don't come on here if you are only going to feel either threatened or jealous by the numbers you are seeing.
have you ever considered that someone writing 7 pages writes the same as someone who writes 24?
why not analyse and predict everyone's futures (seems to be the trend) based on how many words they wrote?
lets not make booklet discrimination inherent in our society... at least discriminate/hate/make uncalled for comments incorporating a myriad of misspelt swear words based on the actual wordcount...
or even better, wait until your marks come back and until then stop bitching.

mememe

I would think how WELL you wrote would be a more important question than how MUCH. They mark the paper, not weigh it.

samma

section 1 - 6 pages
section 2 - 5 pages
section 3 - 10 pages
not a bad exam at all...idont think we could have got it that much easier to tell u the truth...

spunkymonkey225

I was thinking along the lines that ppl would generally write alot faster during exams, tending to write as much as what we see in Band 6 answers from the BOS Standard Packages (Although, most yr12 students were disadvantaged because the BOS did not make the resources readily available. I was lucky in the fact that I did IPT...

12 (so much crap)

spunkymonkey225

Is it just me, or do some ppl not see the patterns of page length and bands?
For the ppl who do not see the patterns, have you come accross a 2 page Band 6 answer for english?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)