how much did you write? (1 Viewer)

itznegarbabiii

HSC
hey guys :)
Just wondering how much everyone wrote for the 6 marker for AC generator and the one in quanta to quarks ? :)

damo_g

HSC
Just filled the page on the 6 marker for AC generator, a bit below the lines too, but i write pretty small. I don't do quanta to quarks but i wrote around a page and a half for the 6 marker in med physics.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Wrote a bit over in each line and filled to around the bottom of the page lol - cbfed asking for a booklet.

joshc93

HSC
For 6 marker for AC generator I did all the lines plus a extra 4, with small writing

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
used the lines provided for the 6 mark AC question
i used the answer booklet + a page in an extra booklet for the radioisotope question in medical physics

SleepyZM

HSC
Full page AC with tiny writing, used 4 booklets in quanta to quarks - 2 booklets each 'part'

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Full page AC with tiny writing, used 4 booklets in quanta to quarks - 2 booklets each 'part'
Lol thats right - I almost forgot from english =P. Half the people on this forum seem to only write like 6 words per line lmao.

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
Couldn't get a full page for the AC generator question since I severely misread the question and couldn't think of much for it. For the rest of the questions I must've written at least one more line more than the space given. I even wrote an entire page for the space shuttle question.

I feel really glad for the Quanta to Quarks 6-marker. Had to ask for an extra booklet for Answer Booklet 2 just so I could fit all of my ideas into the question. Probably the best I did in the entire paper. :/

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
What did you guys write for ac generators?
These were most of the points I had:
  • Generators turn mechanical energy into electrical energy
  • Fossil fuels such as coal are often burnt for that
  • Burning of fossil fuels leads to pollution, green house effect etc
  • One of the alternatives, Nuclear power, creates nuclear waste which has a high half life and causes a problem for disposal
  • The nuclear waste is often disposed of by being sealed up in barrels and stored underground which is both unsustainable and an environmental concern
  • The generation of AC over DC means that it can be stepped up with transformers and transmitted with little power loss compared to DC, more efficient transmission means more electricity per emisions so AC is better for the environment then DC.
  • The very nature of AC generators means they are more efficient then DC generators are, therefore once again more electricity per emisions
  • If DC were used there would have to be more generators and they would have to be in all major cities, having a lot more smaller generators instead of a few big ones means that due to economic reasons once again they would be more inefficient and thus create more emisions for same amount of electricity
  • Because of that previous point it wouldn't be possible to use Nuclear and hydro power which are more environmentally friendly compared to burning fossil fuels to the same extent if DC was adopted instead of AC

zhuang281

HSC
I struggled to find 3+ positive aspects of AC gens on the environment. For the disadvantages.. Stuff from chem helped quite a bit lol

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I struggled to find 3+ positive aspects of AC gens on the environment. For the disadvantages.. Stuff from chem helped quite a bit lol
Lol yeah i just talked about positives of AC generation over DC generation, couldn't really think of any other way to do it.

BadMeetsEvil

HSC
N/A
I talked about
Advantages : able to be decentralised from populated cities due to transmission and all, cleaner environment in city and urban areas.
Disadvantage: loss of habitation, clearing of land for ac generator, visual impact on environment,extinction of floraa and faunas, power generated by fossil thus creating co2 for greenhouse effect
Then concluded that it has more negative effect.

Wrote about one page. Think I'll get full marks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)