How much math homework do you guys get? Most effective method of doing exercises by myself? (1 Viewer)

CelesteLin

HSC
I go to a top 10 selective school and barely get any math homework. Like, maybe half an exercise, usually even less every two days. I'm starting to get progressively more worried that I'll miss out on some concepts/question styles compared to the other classes (I do go to coaching though). Would it be better to do the last few questions in each corresponding Cambridge exercise or should I suck it up and do the majority?

mango73

HSC
If you are doing the last few questions of each Cambridge excercise, you're set, good for you. Especially if you do the enrichment questions. That is Im assuming you do ext.1 course. I go to a fully selective school as well but they give a shit ton of work to do and I also go tutoring so yeah..your not missing out on anything if you can complete those questions and do past papers.

YonOra

HSC
I mean it'd be stupid to say not to do more exercises.

Bottom line, the more you expose yourself to different questions - the better.

Don't stress tho, as long as you understand the topics, it's fine. When you understand the fundamentals, that's when you challenge yourself.

idkkdi

HSC
I go to a top 10 selective school and barely get any math homework. Like, maybe half an exercise, usually even less every two days. I'm starting to get progressively more worried that I'll miss out on some concepts/question styles compared to the other classes (I do go to coaching though). Would it be better to do the last few questions in each corresponding Cambridge exercise or should I suck it up and do the majority?
If u go dr du it’s fine. If not I got no idea.
Do the majority of exercises on harder chapters. There’s a few anomalies where foundation is noticeably harder than other chapters.

Directrix

HSC
I think she goes kurt (dunno but gave in depth advice about getting in)

meanwhile I steal all the resources from everyone and everywhere

CelesteLin

HSC
Okay, thanks everyone! I'll try and get some chapters + past papers in over the week. And yeah, I do go to Kurt.

CelesteLin

HSC
Do you get chucked in detention?
Absolutely lol. It was cancelled for a year or so because of covid, but I used to go fortnightly and now I'm on track for weekly detention next term. Luckily, I didn't have to go to daily holiday detention during December. Small blessings I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)