How much you guys studying everyday? (1 Viewer)

ColdMint123

HSC
I'm doing about 5-7 hours a day. I put most of the work in before trials (which didnt end up happening) but 5-7 has been a good number for me since right now its just touching up on stuff im not sure about and honing my exam skills. Also what atar you guys aiming for. I am personally aiming for a 99+ but English really isn't helping me out with that. :)

icycledough

HSC
Honestly, there's no magical number for hours spent studying. What's more important is the quality and effectiveness of those hours. For example, you'd rather spend 4-5 solid hours working on a past exam (3hrs) and spending 1-2 hours reviewing it and trying the mistakes again then spending maybe 8-9 hours just 'reading' a textbook or something which is passive. Some people may find 3 hours is enough, others may spend 12 hours, it's all up to the individual at the end of the day. Just as long as you're splitting up your time for each subject equally (if not, more time on the weaker subjects, so sounds like English is the subject you seem to dread). It can be really hard to do that, even for myself as I was definitely a Maths and Sciences person. I would be happy spending 3 hours on a 4U trial paper but couldn't bare to spend just 40 mins practicing an essay.

Idkwhat_tonamethis

HSC
It’s definitely quality over quantity. U can study for hours and hours each day but not actually gain any understanding of a topic and content. I would suggest finding a specific study method that actually works for u, this might be creating notes, mind maps, flash cards, practising past papers or maybe watching videos. Once u find a preferred method u can study for less than 1 or 2 hours and learn a lot rather than studying for 4 hours and only learning a bit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)