How often do hsc students who do 10 units get an ATAR of over 99? (1 Viewer)

ZeeZee3

HSC
Im in a very bad position with my subjects right now. Since too little people chose music, i was forced to do distance education because i didnt like the other subjects. However, distance education allows only a maximum of 11 units (which is really annoying) so im forced to drop a subject even though i want to do 12 units (to be safe). How many people did well in the hsc taking only 10 units? and what is your opinion on 10 units rather than 12units?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
About 5 people in my school got over 99 and a couple were on 10 units. The only reason that 12 units more common at the top echelons is because there are more people on 12 units.

loaves

HSC
Quite common. I'm an advocate of doing 10 units, but only if you're doing subjects that you enjoy and know that you can do reasonably well in.

For me, I never could have forced myself to do an extra subject knowing it wasn't going to count - too lazy.

Coookies

HSC
Quite common. I'm an advocate of doing 10 units, but only if you're doing subjects that you enjoy and know that you can do reasonably well in.

For me, I never could have forced myself to do an extra subject knowing it wasn't going to count - too lazy.
Yup, same. Especially MX1, its so much more work for just one unit. I might as well focus on 10 units and do them really well than wasting time on MX1 and only doing average in all subjects

mirakon

nigga
HSC
there was a BoSer two years back called iSplicer who did 10 units and got 99.95 ATAR

Skeptyks

HSC
Yup, same. Especially MX1, its so much more work for just one unit. I might as well focus on 10 units and do them really well than wasting time on MX1 and only doing average in all subjects
But if you do MX2, its awesome :p

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Varies from student to student.

I did 10U, I got above 99.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)