How Should I Learn Ahead? (1 Viewer)

Salsta

HSC
I'm in year 11 about to enter year 12 trying to learn ahead for physics and extension 2. Physics: because if I'm being honest I find my teacher's style of teaching to really not suit me so I find it easier to learn it by myself. And extension 2 because I've heard about how hard it is. I was wondering how I should learn ahead? Should I use the same textbook the school is using for maths, or a different one? Any tips or strategies for learning ahead? Any advice would be really helpful, thanks!

Deem_Skills

HSC
i literally learned like over 2 years of math ext 1 and adv (I was in the same boat as you last year) and like a year of phys and chem dont ask me why but i enjoy it.

tbh idek if im doing anything right but:
- for math, i think most textbooks are structured out similarly and it'd just be fine to follow the order of what the textbook lists out. i'd probably go with cambridge because that was most effective to me when i was doing ext 1 and adv. When studying ahead, often times you go faster than what you're capable of without actually realising this which kinda happened with me but a good way to fix this is by constantly recall yourself topics you've studied so you dont get bombarded with topics and just forget everything (flashcards or making a doc with short questions you can revire is a good idea)
- for phys i think some schools do it differently from the textbooks i think normo does modules 7 and 8 before 5 and 6?? so maybe check with school. i really only used jacaranda so idk if all textbooks are the same or not

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
You can use the steve Howard text book for ext 2, it is free and is an online pdf ... has both a textbook and 1000 questions

If you haven't learnt integration yet, I would advise to learn the basics at least before going into the ext 2 textbook and learning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)