how soon? (1 Viewer)

bex

HSC
I was just wondering, how soon is too soon to contact someone youve exchanged numbers with?

I met a guy last nite, and obviously today is too soon... but what about wednesday? too late??

do you ( guys or girls) like it when the opposite sex messages/ calls sooner or later?

discuss

HSC
umm if i was to ring someone at least 2 days after. no more than 3-4. if u ring the next day it seems desperate, if u leave it too long they mite forget about u, that would be embarasing. but its your choice. if you got along really well the sooner the better.

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
Depends on when you want to see them. I probably wouldn't ring til Thursday.. leaves enough time to make plans for the weekend while still not coming across as desparate. If they want to ring earlier than they can!

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Just wait a few days, who knows, he may contact you :).

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
If it was me, I'd call him right now.

But that's me. I'm straightforward and I scare people. You should probably leave it till Tuesday or Wednesday. You don't want to wait too long, because someone you met once can easily forget you (unless you made a big impression), and it wouldn't do you any harm to contact them while you're still "fresh in their mind".

anorexic_chick

Little miss bitchy
HSC
haven't you heard of the "3-Day Rule" before?

Day 1 - stalker/desperate zone
Day 2 - still desperate- too excited -
Day 3 - Perfect time to call
Day 4 and/or more - dickhead, moron, unless with a valid excuse

Its the Golden rule I play by - and I reckon it makes sense... you wouldn't want the other party to think ur desperate now do you? ;)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
wtf? these fkn stupid rules, how ridiculous. teher should be no rules when it comes to this stuff. its really simple. you like him, RING now?! whenever you want?!?!

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
anorexic_chick said:

Day 4 and/or more - dickhead, moron, unless with a valid excuse

Its the Golden rule I play by - and I reckon it makes sense... you wouldn't want the other party to think ur desperate now do you? ;)
Like, no.

How successful have you been following those rules? There are no rules in love. Do whatever the hell you feel like, and you'll end up with someone who loves you for every inch of who you really are. When I first got my boyfriend's (who was just a crush at the time) number, I called him at least once everyday and messaged him whenever I felt like it. We started going out a couple of days later, and we've been going out for two years.

This whole phone call thing is way too trivial. It won't change the outcome by much. If anything, the guy might even be happy that you called early because he was too chicken to make that move.

but why....

FIRENDS FOREVER!!
the red things connected to the blue thing, the bl
HSC
i recon you should ring sometime in the first 4 days, the next day sounds fine to me , to hell with rules, it shows your keen, as guy i would like to get called as soon as possiable, just don't sound to serious just suggested going to a moive or something.

but why....

FIRENDS FOREVER!!
the red things connected to the blue thing, the bl
HSC
anorexic_chick said:

Day 4 and/or more - dickhead, moron, unless with a valid excuse...

screw rulez, whats the point in regamenting your love life, how analy retentive have people become.... this is not an attack on you but rather society at large, i'm sure your a very nice person coming form corrimal and all, cough cough...jk

Carita

^^^^^
HSC
i agree wit the ppl saying there are no rules...the dating game has no rules...ultimately you will find someone who thinks its cute that you called the day after...or maybe they found it refreshing that you left it 3 days, or more...its all about experiencing...try diferent things...but go with your gut...be you

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
bex said:
I was just wondering, how soon is too soon to contact someone youve exchanged numbers with?

I met a guy last nite, and obviously today is too soon... but what about wednesday? too late??

do you ( guys or girls) like it when the opposite sex messages/ calls sooner or later?

discuss
Wait till Tuesday or no later then Wednesday.
I'd prefer someone to call sooner rather then later.I hate waiting around.Also If they wait too long to hear from you they might loose interest.

bex

HSC
mmm some interesting points!! i think ill do it on tuesday...i dont want to sound too keen especially if hes the man whore type that gives his number out to any vagigi that walks by.. (i only met him last nite.. i dont know these things about him yet!)

Last edited:

anorexic_chick

Little miss bitchy
HSC
but why.... said:
screw rulez, whats the point in regamenting your love life, how analy retentive have people become.... this is not an attack on you but rather society at large, i'm sure your a very nice person coming form corrimal and all, cough cough...jk
Corrimal people are nice thank you... Im just saying that rules are there to play it safe... like a benchmark or guideline -
of course dating always has rules.. dont confuse dating game with love sunshine. Dating the guy doesnt really count as your love life. think about that ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)