How Stingy? (1 Viewer)

lexii

How stingy do think the markers will be about decimal places? Because i know for a few of mine i either left them in (when it didn't specify whether you had to or not), and subsequently rounded up. Just worried because i know for my trials they were extremely ancy about whether you should've left a decimal or rounded up.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm my maths teacher whos a hsc marker said theres only 1-2 marks in the whole hsc allocated to rounding.. so yeh unless its specified it shouldnt matter
what i tended to do was write all the numbers after the decimal point then just round it and in brackets after put (to 2dp) or (nearest 100) or whatever

lexii

cro_angel said:
umm my maths teacher whos a hsc marker said theres only 1-2 marks in the whole hsc allocated to rounding.. so yeh unless its specified it shouldnt matter
what i tended to do was write all the numbers after the decimal point then just round it and in brackets after put (to 2dp) or (nearest 100) or whatever
Damn i knew i should've written both answer anyway. Instead i wasted time with:

HR = x

Fred's Health Rating is x.

At the end of each question lol.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i wrote a sentence as well lol
i dunno i remember somewhere saying that if its given to you in a sentence u should answer in one.. so its just a habit
i tend to work quickly through maths

Jake_434

The King of England
HSC
Answering in a sentence is good, because it makes your answer very clear, and there can't be any confusion about the whole thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)