How strict is entry into law at UNSW (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
How strict is entry into law at UNSW

Last edited:

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
I got an atar of 99.15, I wasn't expecting anything close to this but I was wondering if I should place UNSW combined law as my top preference or is this a waste.

I'm only asking because there are people I've seen on linkedin, bored of studies etc. who include their ATAR and sometimes they get under the 99.7 cutoff like 99.45 or 99.1 and they are able to get into the combined law courses at usyd or unsw. So I'm very confused how they got entry. I wasn't really considering studying at UNSW because it's just so far but I've heard it has a very well-rounded, reputable law program.
Thanks
Hey! Yes it is a strict cut off. If you fall short of the ATAR you will not receive the offer. The people who got in with a lower ATAR is because of bonus points (EAS and Elite Athletes) or AAA Scholarship.

If you are interested in Law still put it down. You don't know what the ATAR Cut off is until offers are made out. Plus you get like nine preferences, surely using 1 out of 9 will not hurt. You will not be disadvantaged in any way by putting a course as 2nd pref or 1st pref. All it means is that if you have the ATAR for your 1st pref, you will get that offer. If you don't they will then move on to you 2nd pref. Process repeats until you meet the cut off for one of your nominated course.

Hope that helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)