• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how to accept my offer (1 Viewer)

jhlgloria

HSC
hi
I received an offer at UNSW and an error
has occurred when i was trying to accept my offer.
I was trying to create my UniPass but the page said
that there is no record of my UAC number in database
so i sent an email to UNSW for request and they told me that
an amendment has made to system.and they told me to
wait till friday(which was yesterday) But I heard my friend
accepted his offer already.:mad1: and i'm still struggling with this:confused:
is there any person who's in same situation with me?
i don't know what to do
Please Help~!! :worried:

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Don't worry too much. Technical Glitches occur at anytime at any university.

As long as you have the UAI requirements to the degree you wanted + checked your name in Daily Telegraph corresponding to your preferred degree then its okay.

Have you received your offer letter from UAC yet? I would highly recommend you to go to UNSW direct --> Student Central, they have the authority to directly enroll you into your program.

Sometimes Phone Calls are dismissed or forgotten by staff.

jhlgloria

HSC
yeah.
i got letter from UAC
and I've sent email to student central.they told me to wailt so
i thought its not a big problem but the fact
that my friend actually accepted his offer makes
me to be worried:worried:
anyway thanks for your reply

Rekkusu

HSC
Ok, bring your letter from UAC straight to Student Central (Although you still have about a month and a little more till University starts), you should attempt to enroll ASAP, because First-year course enrolments fill up heck fast. :)

If Student Central plays up or the staff there are not useful, go to the Dean of your degree's faculty, i.e. Science Dean is Professor Archer.

If you leave enrolment to the last minute, you may not have the best times i.e. 2-3 hour breaks or something.

Additionally you can get your Student ID card done @ UNSW's E-Spot (Find the Big block of red buildings along the long almost-neverending path that seems to go up to a block of stairs) ---> Then find e-spot opposite to the small square-block of grass.

jhlgloria

HSC
thanks for your help~~
i'm planning to visit UNSW on monday.
by the way,
do i select the subjuects for my 1st year at the time
when i accept my offer??

Rekkusu

HSC
As soon as you've accepted your offer, and enrolled, you'll head to a secure site where you generate a UNSW ID (i.e. z12345678) & Password, which will be used for enrolment into your Semester 1 classes immediately.

Also, be sure to make a secure & easy to remember password, because this is password will allow you to access WebCT + Most university computers (Except to the School of Mathematics & Statistics which supplies you with a separate login)

Usually Enrolment commences on 9th December the prior year, but during that time First years still haven't received their offers so they cannot enrol.

Last edited:

jhlgloria

HSC
do the people who accepted their offer earlier than other s
get to have advantage on setting their timetables?

this is my last question.

thankyou for helping me today~~

drmix

HSC
N/A
Monday 11 December 2006
Online enrolment opens for Semester 1 2007 for continuing Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework students ...(not u)

Tuesday 2 January 2007
Online enrolment opens for Commencing Undergraduate students who have received and accepted an offer for 2007

so i guess to answer ur question...people who got offered earlier do get an advantage since online enrolment opened on the 2th of jan, (im guessin this would be the first round ppls)

however ppls who recieved an offer in the main round - i guess they all r in the same boat - it works on first come first serve basis, but wat i suggest is u enroll as soon as possible and 'reserve' ur timeslots, as u have up until end of 1st week to change them

source: https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/enrolment/EnrolmentDates.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)