How to answer biology HSC Questions (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
The marking criteria always tends to include many things the question doesn't mention, so can someone please provide me with a general scaffold of what to include in answering a bio hsc question.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
The marking criteria always tends to include many things the question doesn't mention, so can someone please provide me with a general scaffold of what to include in answering a bio hsc question.
Can u give us an example of criterias not including what the question asks

HSC
N/A
Oh my bad everythings there lmaoo, but is it standard to include the definition and process for the questions that ask you about artificial insemination for example.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Oh my bad everythings there lmaoo, but is it standard to include the definition and process for the questions that ask you about artificial insemination for example.
I usually tried to put as much content as possible that I thought was relevant.

Also a tip for biology is that you don't have to structure all answers in paragraphs/a block of writing. You can use dot points or tables for example.

Hivaclibtibcharkwa

๐—•๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ด๐˜† ๐—ง๐˜‚๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ
HSC
With 5 marks or higher
Always define stuff first, then go into answering the question

If something asks about the effect of a biotechnology on biodiversity. Donโ€™t just say the effect of a biotechnology on biodiversity, first define what biodiversity and then biotechnology is, then go into why biodiversity is important, and then the ethical considerations about biodiversity.

Often with Big questions you need to be able to recognise the syllabus dot point and content the question is asking about, if you know exactly what content the question is asking for then you can answer everything they will need.

Hivaclibtibcharkwa

HSC
I usually tried to put as much content as possible that I thought was relevant.

Also a tip for biology is that you don't have to structure all answers in paragraphs/a block of writing. You can use dot points or tables for example.
Sort of but be careful with this approach as it wonโ€™t always work.
With ethical questions in particular, especially the ones about aboriginal ethics. You must include your answer in paragraphs. I remember a 7 mark question in which the solution was all just pure waffle, thereโ€™s no specific content to convert into a table

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Sort of but be careful with this approach as it wonโ€™t always work.
With ethical questions in particular, especially the ones about aboriginal ethics. You must include your answer in paragraphs. I remember a 7 mark question in which the solution was all just pure waffle, thereโ€™s no specific content to convert into a table
Oh yeah I forgot to mention the high mark questions should be in paragraphs you're right

Hivaclibtibcharkwa

HSC
And for paragraphs do I need to leave a space when starting a new one or not?
Itโ€™s not necessary but I mean to make it easier for the markers eyes you could. But then you might need to use up extra writing paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)