How to manage stress during senior years? (1 Viewer)

TeheeCat

HSC
Happy new years everyone! :jump:

So I'm going to start year 11 in a month and don't get me wrong, I'm excited to finally do all the subjects I'm interested in! But I'm scared that I will have stress problems during the next 2 years...

I did an acceleration course and I suffered through stress and pressure. When the stress got to me too much, I crashed down and lost motivation to prepare for assessments properly :S Let's say that my physical health wasn't quite good either.

I don't want this to happen again, or I want to at least minimise it. So any advice on how to manage workload, stress and to just look after yourself in general? Any tips would be appreciated, thank you! ^^

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Realisation, Organisation, prioritisation, action.

Realisation -
List what activities you need to get done each day, and for larger tasks, each week. It is also neat to make long term goals such as ATAR and university degree. Make them as detailed as you can, and put them on paper stuck on your wall so you are reminded everyday and why you are striving for your best.

Organisation -
Get what supplies you need, and break big tasks into smaller tasks, diligently working to complete each bit with full focus. Research on study strategies and ways to improve your Life, both academically and personally (mental and physical health.)

Prioritisation -
Prioritise what you need to get done, and don't take the easy task if it is not necessary. Take the easy way, have a hard life. Take the hard way, have an easy life.

Action -
Just do it. It is as simple as that, the sooner you start, the sooner the finish, the sooner you stress less.
In life you either get results or reasons. Decide whether you want to work hard and get results, or construct elaborate excuses to explain your absence of results.

Best of luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TeheeCat

HSC
I think that strategy will help me very much in procrastination, which I have big problem with too. Thank you so much, I will try my best to apply these tips! :D

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
1. Get enough sleep (Make that a priority)
2. Try to eat healthily. More likely to be motivated, and will be able to revise better.
3. Schedule time for "relaxation" as well as time for "work".

red152

HSC
I have a similar problem... When I get stressed I seem to solely look for things to do to avoid the stress rather than try to reduce it/remove it. This resulted in me stressing to the point where I would do little to no work the nights before my exams. I suggest to be sufficiently prepared well before you know you start to stress a lot, and that way just before the exam comes up you feel prepared and don't stress as much.

As for the pressure, you should definitely try to minimise it by trying to block out expectations from teachers, parents and peers and try to think about why you want to succeed for yourself.

To manage workload, you should definitely try to organise your time effectively, perhaps using a study schedule. Breaking up what you need to learn into smaller chunks will make it more manageable and will reduce stress and feeling overwhelmed.

Also, try to be organised and on top of your work. Ultimately, this will allow you to feel in control, which in turn will reduce stress.

I know I'm going into the same year as you, but I just thought that this might help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)