How to prepare for chemistry and biology for year 11 (1 Viewer)

Cherrybomb56

HSC
Hey guys, can someone please give tips on how to prepare for chemistry and biology for year 11 because I don't want to fall behind the school.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Can’t say much for bio, but for chem it’s all about consistent work. If you want to you can start reading the textbook your school will be using and doing questions in there if you want a head start. Other than that you can’t really do much else by yourself until your teacher begins teaching the content next year and you know more so what is required of you in the course

Cherrybomb56

HSC
Can’t say much for bio, but for chem it’s all about consistent work. If you want to you can start reading the textbook your school will be using and doing questions in there if you want a head start. Other than that you can’t really do much else by yourself until your teacher begins teaching the content next year and you know more so what is required of you in the course
okay thanks for the advice. Do you recommend me doing some extra tutions for chem? Would it benefit me?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
okay thanks for the advice. Do you recommend me doing some extra tutions for chem? Would it benefit me?
It’s your choice and depends on your goals. If you are a student who usually get let’s say 60% for example and you want to get 80 or 90% then it may be hard to do it yourself so tutoring can be helpful. However, if you are someone getting 90% already then it’s not really necessary but it can still be beneficial if you find tutoring that will help you. For example for that type of person they should go into a tutoring that moves at a faster pace and is more focused on exam problems rather than starting from the basic content

Cherrybomb56

HSC
It’s your choice and depends on your goals. If you are a student who usually get let’s say 60% for example and you want to get 80 or 90% then it may be hard to do it yourself so tutoring can be helpful. However, if you are someone getting 90% already then it’s not really necessary but it can still be beneficial if you find tutoring that will help you. For example for that type of person they should go into a tutoring that moves at a faster pace and is more focused on exam problems rather than starting from the basic content
oh ok thanks. Just wondering in chem for year 11 is it more exams then assignments?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
oh ok thanks. Just wondering in chem for year 11 is it more exams then assignments?
All your year 11 subjects will be more exams. The only assignment you usually have is a depth study and for that people usually have some test as well. Home tasks are not really that favoured by teachers I would say because you can just cheat or use info from the internet without actually knowing what's going on which is apparent in an exam

Cherrybomb56

HSC
All your year 11 subjects will be more exams. The only assignment you usually have is a depth study and for that people usually have some test as well. Home tasks are not really that favoured by teachers I would say because you can just cheat or use info from the internet without actually knowing what's going on which is apparent in an exam
oh ok thanks for the info. So beginning for chem will start from basics and go into the really hard content?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
oh ok thanks for the info. So beginning for chem will start from basics and go into the really hard content?
It depends how your school teaches it. Some schools might just assume you already know the basics from year 10. Others will go from the basics. Other than that the topics aren't really like structured easy to hard, as each module is a separate area in chemistry, and there isn't really much link between different modules other than module 2 and 3.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
It depends how your school teaches it. Some schools might just assume you already know the basics from year 10. Others will go from the basics. Other than that the topics aren't really like structured easy to hard, as each module is a separate area in chemistry, and there isn't really much link between different modules other than module 2 and 3.
nice altogether how many modules are there and are there separate exams for each module?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
nice altogether how many modules are there and are there separate exams for each module?
4 modules. That is dependent on your school, as assessments are internally made so each school is different

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)