How to remain focused (1 Viewer)

medaspirant

HSC
was reflecting on what i did today and kinda realised that out of 9hrs of work only like 3 was productive, any advice tips suggestion on how to avoid this. @jimmysmith560 you got anything to help me improve.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Sure, there are a few things to think about with respect to productivity:
  • distraction
  • organisation
  • determination
Distraction:

Getting distracted is one of the main causes of reduced productivity as it occurs with several students. It engenders issues such as procrastination and thus valuable study time may be wasted, meaning that distraction is an unwanted obstacle. Distraction may occur due to having objects that might distract you within your study space while you are studying, such as devices (including phones etc.), causing you to waste study time unnecessarily. It is therefore important to ensure that you don't allow those objects to distract you, which can be done by placing them outside your study space when you are studying. This ensures that your focus is on your studies, not on anything that is irrelevant and may cause you to waste time.

Organisation:

Being organised is one of the most important things that students need to ensure if they wish to maximise productivity, this involves developing effective study plans/strategies, including how long students should aim to study each day (approximately) and how this study time is to be divided.

This brings us to the underlying connection between organisation (or lack thereof) and getting distracted. The lack of a well-structured and highly organised study plan can cause distraction and is hence something students should definitely avoid. Instead, setting clear goals/objectives informs your study strategy and subsequently renders it more effective.

Another important factor to consider with respect to dividing study time is breaks (including time allocation and frequency). Having regular breaks constitutes an essential component of an effective study plan and can assist you in increasing your productivity. Breaks allow you to refresh your mind and are particularly needed when you start to feel that you can no longer focus on what you're studying. If not addressed properly, this can become problematic as your productivity may end up being compromised, causing you to waste your study time.

Determination:

Once you have successfully addressed the above elements, the last step (which is also important) is determination. Being determined is crucial and is manifested in a strong will to study and remain focused while doing so. You are required to show determination throughout year 12 if you wish to achieve favourable results. A determined mindset is also what will allow you to implement a highly effective study plan that entails the above elements that I discussed.

I hope this helps! :D

nourished.

HSC
was reflecting on what i did today and kinda realised that out of 9hrs of work only like 3 was productive, any advice tips suggestion on how to avoid this. @jimmysmith560 you got anything to help me improve.
Here's the funny thing. Even if you're some productive beast, not all of your study time is productive. And you don't need it to be. You just need to make sure you get some productive work done, because they all compound over time.

The biggest thing is environment. You need to be away from everything that could and will distract you. You also need to have a plan for you'll do, otherwise you'll end up doing whatever you feel like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)