How to study for maths (1 Viewer)

jonhysmitw2

HSC
I'm in year 11 and am doing maths advanced, how many hours a night should I be studying, and what is the most effective and efficient way of studying for maths.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

God Did
HSC
The most effective way of studying is doing questions (and a lot of them), and making sure you understand the concept and how you answer each questions (so that when you get into the test, you are able to answer all questions, no matter how it's worded)

In regards to 'How many hours a night should I be studying?'
- It all comes down to how efficient your study is. You could be doing many hours a night, however, it could end up being pointless study.
In my opinion, you do not need to be studying every day in order to get the top marks (as some days you'll have other stuff planned, low energy levels etc)

Hope this helps

jonhysmitw2

HSC
The most effective way of studying is doing questions (and a lot of them), and making sure you understand the concept and how you answer each questions (so that when you get into the test, you are able to answer all questions, no matter how it's worded)

In regards to 'How many hours a night should I be studying?'
- It all comes down to how efficient your study is. You could be doing many hours a night, however, it could end up being pointless study.
In my opinion, you do not need to be studying every day in order to get the top marks (as some days you'll have other stuff planned, low energy levels etc)

Hope this helps
What do I do if I don't understand certain questions?

mmmm.

HSC
Also, i think it would be helpful to make a formula sheet as you go along throughout the year. What I did was every day I would just add in any new formulas learnt and if I had a bit of issues on it I would also put an example under the formula so I knew how it works

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)