How to study for prelim exams (1 Viewer)

lexi23

HSC
Prelim exams are coming up in around a month… would appreciate any tips to help me study for them!

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
Prelim exams are coming up in around a month… would appreciate any tips to help me study for them!
I'm also having prelims, but currently I'm doing it this month 💀. There are different techniques on how to study for problem-based subjects(practice problems from textbooks) and content-based subjects(flash cards and recall), but the main thing you should emphasise on is by exposing yourself to past papers. It IS a generic answer but this allows you to evaluate your weaknesses and use that time to further develop your skills for the exam + plus exposes u to the common questions that can be in the exam.

Hope that helps!

lexi23

HSC
Ok cool! Yes that was helpful :) Best of luck for prelims!

// As a side note I was wondering if anyone had any ancient history and latin prelim past papers because I can't find any on THSC...

HSC
for subjects like maths or chem i would just spam past papers...literally. Maybe do like one after you get back from school and one in the evening? Should take like an hour per past paper. For content heavy subjects, in particular SOR, i also just spam practice writing. Do as much practice as you can, on the train, during your free period, whenever. Theres no real point in reading your notes over and over again if you cant apply it; subjects like english in particular or any subject that requires the integration of a stimulus require this skill so practice practice practice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)