How to tell younger friends to stop taking my books? (1 Viewer)

lolitaaa

HSC
How to tell younger friends to stop taking my books?

They are saying to me "keep all of your hsc and prelim books for me" and "remember to do it".
They don't even give me a choice of whtehr I even want to give it to them or not?!
They don't have this courtesy. Please can you guys help me out on how I can approach this situation? I may consider tutoring my younger sister for her prelim in 4 more years timewith these books but I think these people are lacking empathy by just asking me.
They didn't even say to me that thy will pay for it, they just took it and walked off. My really preciousbooks are left now (Cambridge, Fitz, Conquering chem, jacaranda etc) and I really don't want to give them away.

lolitaaa

HSC
why do some people just think they can come and get whatever they want like an open house? Are any of you like this? I certainly am not! In the past even when my older friends would offer me books I would give them $50 in appreciation/chocolates/presents etc. I understand that not everyone is perfect but I feel hurt that people feel that they are allowed to do this to me :( Parvee where are you?

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Burn the books in front of them

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
I still think my idea is better

What you gotta do is burn the books then inhale the fumes so that you gain all the knowledge from the books

trust me it works

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
Charge them $1 for every 2 pages. I swear you'll be rich at this time next year :D

OR
Tell them, "I do what I want".

They're your books => your properties => you ARE the one who decide what to do with them not your friends :punch:

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
Charge them $1 for every 2 pages. I swear you'll be rich at this time next year :D

OR
Tell them, "I do what I want".

They're your books => your properties => you ARE the one who decide what to do with them not your friends :punch:
telling the truth never gets you anywhere :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)