hows everyone holding up? (1 Viewer)

moriamsdubu

HSC
alot of the posts on the forum recently seem to just be about ATARs and HSC subjects but i wanted to know how everyones holding up, especially with the assessments and lockdown. i start my trials tomorrow and i'm not doing amazingly, but holdin up (ish)

how are you guys?? what have you been doing to cope? (other than the typical, eat healthy, exercise, follow school schedule etc etc)

zizi2003_

HSC
alot of the posts on the forum recently seem to just be about ATARs and HSC subjects but i wanted to know how everyones holding up, especially with the assessments and lockdown. i start my trials tomorrow and i'm not doing amazingly, but holdin up (ish)

how are you guys?? what have you been doing to cope? (other than the typical, eat healthy, exercise, follow school schedule etc etc)
i start my trials tomorrow too!!!
and to answer your question, im not coping LOL
i guess i just try and reach out to my friends to see how theyre doing. Knowing that im not alone in this mess is comforting and ig a way of coping...
how about you? :)

moriamsdubu

HSC
i start my trials tomorrow too!!!
and to answer your question, im not coping LOL
i guess i just try and reach out to my friends to see how theyre doing. Knowing that im not alone in this mess is comforting and ig a way of coping...
how about you? :)
honestly same ahahh me and my friends call pretty much all day, including when we're all studying. sometimes we just sit there in silence and do our own things, but its comforting nonetheless. with all the pushbacks of trials dates, it honestly felt never ending!! so whilst i'm nervous for exams i'm so excited for it to be over so i can take a break

Hiheyhello

HSC
i feel like i’m a person who thrives when i enjoy life day by day rather than looking into the future and seeing each day as a chore.

when we were at school at least there was so much variation like you could wake up knowing that you’d encounter something unexpected that day, which kinda retained that element of excitement that kept me living in the present.

but now every day carries the same burden (trials + hsc) yet doesn’t quite feel real.

yeah, i guess i’ve been trying to find something to look forward to everyday but the monotony’s killing me coz now all i want to do is get out of it rather than embracing it

so yeah it’s going great!!!

moriamsdubu

HSC
i feel like i’m a person who thrives when i enjoy life day by day rather than looking into the future and seeing each day as a chore.

when we were at school at least there was so much variation like you could wake up knowing that you’d encounter something unexpected that day, which kinda retained that element of excitement that kept me living in the present.

but now every day carries the same burden (trials + hsc) yet doesn’t quite feel real.

yeah, i guess i’ve been trying to find something to look forward to everyday but the monotony’s killing me coz now all i want to do is get out of it rather than embracing it

i definitely get what you mean, lockdown has been going on for almost two months now, and although thats a long time, it honestly feels like its been 3 days, just because everyday has felt identical and blended into one another. i also 100% get what you mean that it doesn't feel real, like i know HSC is soon but it still seems like some weird legend that doesn't actually exist

pls take care of yourself !!!

DarkOperator618

HSC
honestly same ahahh me and my friends call pretty much all day, including when we're all studying. sometimes we just sit there in silence and do our own things, but its comforting nonetheless. with all the pushbacks of trials dates, it honestly felt never ending!! so whilst i'm nervous for exams i'm so excited for it to be over so i can take a break
that's pretty cool ngl

for us, we're just playing fantasy football atm and talking shit about how good or bad our picks are

DarkOperator618

HSC

well, I've been doing my trials which weigh nothing

so far so good, i guess

no but really, i don't fully listen in my zoom classes cus of how dead it feels

I'm also just like

'ehh ill learn it later lmao'

moriamsdubu

HSC
well, I've been doing my trials which weigh nothing

so far so good, i guess

no but really, i don't fully listen in my zoom classes cus of how dead it feels

I'm also just like

'ehh ill learn it later lmao'
they weigh nothing? woa whaat how does that work ?

stressedadfff

HSC
You know what is really upsetting, that at the beginning of this year I was an extremely disciplined student who studied 6-8hrs a day, spend all their time in the library, was ranking top 3rd for most of my classes, and had hoped to get 90+ atar.

Now I cant even get myself out of my bed, nor to attend zoom classes, or do any school work (I thank god my school is very supportive and easy on us when it comes to work otherwise I would of got 5 calls home by now). And I don’t even know if I’m going to get a 70 atar at this point lmfao I’m so sick of it
bro same... after term three everything went down hill...

Hiheyhello

HSC
bro same... after term three everything went down hill...
haha same guys, i was literally coming first for almost everything and now i’m just like whatevs.
am i burnt out? definitely

but okay, this is how i’m trying to look at. we’ve actually prepared in advance, like all that stuff we were doing at the start of the year isn’t going to go to waste, so in that regard we have an advantage over others in our cohort, so pls don’t lose hope!

also, i’m tryna stop looking at it in the sense of “all or nothing” where the only two options are doing everything to 100% perfection or completely giving up coz that’s unsustainable. rather, try and appreciate the long term benefit accrued from doing one small thing per day, as even though it may not match your expectations, it’s way better than doing nothing! so if you have 0 motivation, doing one small thing is gonna make a crazy difference instead of completely losing hope.

stressedadfff

HSC
haha same guys, i was literally coming first for almost everything and now i’m just like whatevs.
am i burnt out? definitely

but okay, this is how i’m trying to look at. we’ve actually prepared in advance, like all that stuff we were doing at the start of the year isn’t going to go to waste, so in that regard we have an advantage over others in our cohort, so pls don’t lose hope!

also, i’m tryna stop looking at it in the sense of “all or nothing” where the only two options are doing everything to 100% perfection or completely giving up coz that’s unsustainable. rather, try and appreciate the long term benefit accrued from doing one small thing per day, as even though it may not match your expectations, it’s way better than doing nothing! so if you have 0 motivation, doing one small thing is gonna make a crazy difference instead of completely losing hope.
true! but same i literallly came first for everything and then basically last in term three AHHAAHAH WTF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)