hows HSC like (1 Viewer)

ScxLore1216

HSC
This is my first post, Im still in year 10 but I'm wondering hows HSC like?. Assuming no disruptions like COVID lockdowns, etc.

Luke322

HSC
This is my first post, Im still in year 10 but I'm wondering hows HSC like?. Assuming no disruptions like COVID lockdowns, etc.
Only real holiday is the December ones before Term 2 starts I'd say; after that its pretty much a constant grind until the HSC- except for maybe a week or two after trials where nobody bothers to study.

sab13562

HSC
It really depends on the subjects you choose. For me, it's constant study daily, the only real break you get is the end of year holidays, the rest is assignments and studying for exams. It's quite a stressful year and requires dedication.

There will be times where you feel demotivated/burnt out but you have to keep pushing through. My biggest advice is, if you need a break, TAKE IT, it'll help you bounce back. Also, you don't need to sacrifice all the things you love to get good marks. For example, I say to myself, if I do 3 hours of solid studying today, I'll reward myself by playing my favourite game or watching episodes from my show. It's a really motivational approach for me and a way to chill after a hectic day. (I also did this in year 11.)

Also take year 11 seriously as your marks affect things such as early offers and help ease yr 12 a little as some topics covered are revisited in year 12..

Hope that helps.

DarkOperator618

HSC
lots of work, but also there's time to chill
you also got the benefit that you're on your last year of prison, assuming it doesn't get extended

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Wdym "Assuming no disruptions like COVID lockdowns, etc" that's literally the entire summary of our lives atm lmao. It's probably been even more important than the HSC for some. But yes I am cooked af thanks for asking.

icycledough

HSC
Considering the way things are going right now, there's a very strong chance (if not definite) the effects of the pandemic will still be present in 2 years time during your HSC. A pandemic of this size doesn't simply go away after only a few years. HSC is definitely a long road which you have to treat like a marathon, rather than a sprint. You don't want to burn yourself out during the first few weeks or term and face the consequences for the rest of the year. You want to keep a constant pace and enjoy moments as they come. The workload is definitely a big jump from Year 10, even Year 11, but if you treat Year 11 as a 'practice' year, then you will know by the time it actually matters where you stand, i.e your strengths, weaknesses, areas to improve, etc. Assignments and exams will probably be two of your worst 'enemies' during year 12, but if you can maintain a positive viewpoint on them, then you'll find it much easier than the general 'fear' that is put around HSC. Make sure you're proactive rather than reactive, make sure you stay organised and are on top of all your subjects, and definitely make sure you focus on English, as it's the only compulsory subject, and it can drag your ATAR down quite a bit, regardless of how your other subjects go.

dasfas

HSC
The HSC is a grind, but you will miss school and look back on your time fondly.

At Uni, you won't feel as close to your cohort/classmates ever again, you won't have the same ability to just hang out after class, or have the same kind of rapport with your teachers (professors typically barely even know your name).

The gap between post-trials and school holidays is the best part of the year, where everyone relaxes, mucks around in the playground, plays handball for the last time and where you have your formal/leavers assembly.

dasfas

HSC
No clue what this is
Once you finish trials, everyone relaxes because a huge pressure has been lifted. You've been working non-stop basically since the start, but right after trials, there's this little window of a couple weeks where you don't study much and make the most of your time at school. There isn't much content being covered in class since you've already covered it for trials so you can just have banter and really unwind.

Plus, everyone is super collaborative and shares notes. I even helped run a chemistry seminar for students in my year who were struggling with chem so that everyone could get as high of an ATAR as possible.

edit: mb just realised you were probably joking. It absolutely sucks that you guys weren't able to experience it, and I really hope your year will be able to make the most of the holidays because it's such a unsatisfying way to end the 12 years of schooling.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Once you finish trials, everyone relaxes because a huge pressure has been lifted. You've been working non-stop basically since the start, but right after trials, there's this little window of a couple weeks where you don't study much and make the most of your time at school. There isn't much content being covered in class since you've already covered it for trials so you can just have banter and really unwind.

Plus, everyone is super collaborative and shares notes. I even helped run a chemistry seminar for students in my year who were struggling with chem so that everyone could get as high of an ATAR as possible.

edit: mb just realised you were probably joking. It absolutely sucks that you guys weren't able to experience it, and I really hope your year will be able to make the most of the holidays because it's such a unsatisfying way to end the 12 years of schooling.
It's more like valo with the boys atm lmao. Handball was and still is the most elite school playground sport.

specificagent1

HSC

yes it was a joke hahahhaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)