• We have a few events lined up for the October school holidays!
    Watch this space...

HSC 2018-2019 MX2 Marathon (1 Viewer)

TheOnePheeph

HSC
Love seeing debates about Mathematics lol, reminds me of when my schools math department and me had a huge debate in which I ended up proving a question wrong in our trial.
Lol I feel like such a dick arguing about maths, especially on a public forum haha. Fun nonetheless, and definitely worth it if you end up proving a question wrong.

DrEuler

HSC
N/A
Lol I feel like such a dick arguing about maths, especially on a public forum haha. Fun nonetheless, and definitely worth it if you end up proving a question wrong.
No it's such a good thing. Debating about it really opens up your mind to others viewpoints and it can be quite beneficial for your understanding..

DrEuler

HSC
N/A
Interesting. Do you still remember that question?
It was a probability question(as expected).
Unfortunately what I meant when I said "it was in our trial" is that it was in my schools trial, not the one I sat but rather the year before. I was able to see the paper and well I was puzzled with their answer.

It was rather hard to explain and convince the teachers because with any other topic you can present a perfectly logical and intuitive proof but with probability you have to get the teacher to understand your intuition which is really difficult.

However it helped a lot that my school had heaps of smart people in 4u, so enough of us noticed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)