HSC ATAR - Will I still be able to achieve an 85+ ATAR (1 Viewer)

tossthesalad

HSC
Just finished TWO HSC tasks for each subject and my averages aren't so good. Is it still possible to achieve an atar over 85? Just feeling bummed out really. Would be nice to have some tips/advice that can help me. Below are my averages of my subjects. I'm afraid I don't know my rankings as well.

SUBJECTS
Mathematics Standard 2 -77%
English Advanced - 80%
Music 1 - 75%
English Extension 1 - 92%
Business Studies - 70%
Studies of Religion - 70%

2xq

HSC
Uni Grad
Just finished TWO HSC tasks for each subject and my averages aren't so good. Is it still possible to achieve an atar over 85? Just feeling bummed out really. Would be nice to have some tips/advice that can help me. Below are my averages of my subjects. I'm afraid I don't know my rankings as well.

SUBJECTS
Mathematics Standard 2 -77%
English Advanced - 80%
Music 1 - 75%
English Extension 1 - 92%
Business Studies - 70%
Studies of Religion - 70%
Definitely don't be discouraged!!! Hope the following helps
Tips and Advice:
- Use these percentages as motivation to achieve your desired results! :)
- Do the best you can. Put in the effort. Study efficiently.
- (Stemming off Study Efficiency) - Take Breaks! If you don't take regular breaks during study, you'll burn out! [You could try Pomodoro's]
- Put devices away in a different room to reduce distractions.

tossthesalad

HSC
Definitely don't be discouraged!!! Hope the following helps
Tips and Advice:
- Use these percentages as motivation to achieve your desired results! :)
- Do the best you can. Put in the effort. Study efficiently.
- (Stemming off Study Efficiency) - Take Breaks! If you don't take regular breaks during study, you'll burn out! [You could try Pomodoro's]
- Put devices away in a different room to reduce distractions.
Thankyou! In terms of my goal to achieve an 85+ atar, is this still possible?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thankyou! In terms of my goal to achieve an 85+ atar, is this still possible?
Hey, achieving an 85+ ATAR is definitely still possible! But you need to start to put in more effort so you can pull your average up.

For maths, look for areas in which you made mistakes, whether it was in exams and/or assessments. Based on this, complete practice questions relevant to those topics and ask your teacher for help each time there’s something you don’t understand.

Since you’re doing great in English Extension 1, you may want to spend more time working on English Advanced as getting a better mark in Advanced will have a very good effect on your ATAR.

For Business Studies, make sure you have a thorough knowledge of the syllabus as well as case studies relevant to each topic. It’s important to improve your marks because 70% is Business Studies is very likely to hinder your progress towards an 85+ ATAR. Your goal should be to get at least 80.

All the best! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)