HSC Biology or Chemistry to go into a nursing career? (1 Viewer)

Chimera

HSC
Hello!

If I wanted to become a registered nurse, would I want to take Biology or Chemistry for my science class? Does it matter? Should I just take Senior Science instead?

Thanks in advance.

Alkanes

HSC
Hmm i don't think neither matter. Just try get the ATAR you need.

E

Effekt

Senior science is enough, i know people who did nursing at TAFE during year 11 which gave them access to nursing at university so they hardly have to even worry about their HSC.

HSC
N/A
Hello!

If I wanted to become a registered nurse, would I want to take Biology or Chemistry for my science class? Does it matter? Should I just take Senior Science instead?

Thanks in advance.
It depends what University you want to get into to study a Bachelor of Nursing.

I am doing both Chem and Bio to be a R.N, for the Uni the pre-requisite is any one of bio/chem/physics and I did Chem because a basic understanding will help me out in the future.

Just check the pre-requisites for the Uni's you want to go to.

cpwincess19

HSC
I've graduated from my VET nursing course and I would reccommend doing biology , not sure about chem but when I was studying for it It didn't require us to have a good in depth knowledge of chemistry . More so biology because the human body is studied in biology , and nursing requires you to know a good foundation in studies relating to the body (homeostasis, the ear, eye etc)
Good luck x

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
I did nursing at Newcastle for a while, id recommend doing biology as it will make life easier for you (having said that, if you didnt do any biology in highschool, as at least half the cohort hadnt, its not really that difficult to pick up) i didnt do phys or chem, but i didnt really find that to be a problem at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)