HSC Delayed till 9th Nov, Schools Back by Oct, ATAR 20th Jan, Uni Offers from 26th Jan, SRS from 12th Nov (1 Viewer)

specificagent1

HSC
Earlier reports:

"Thousands of school students in New South Wales are reportedly set to return to their desks in October to face delayed final-year exams which will now be held in November."

"The NSW crisis cabinet is understood to have considered scrapping the vital exams entirely this year because study and teaching has been thrown into chaos by lockdown. But the resultant potential mental health damage was considered too great and the October return and November HSC plan was reportedly approved instead."

"As numbers continue to rise, plans have also been considered to restrict face to face exams to areas where Covid cases are low, according to The Guardian. However this appears to have been dismissed for unfairly punishing students in the 12 local government areas of concern in Sydney's west and south-west. The crisis cabinet has also reportedly considered limiting HSC exams to key subjects like English and maths"

Source:
Dailymail
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As per 11am update the following changes are confirmed:
  • NSW's HSC exams have been delayed until November 9 due to COVID-19 with NESA releasing the timetable next month.
  • The NSW government is also making COVID-19 vaccinations mandatory for all school staff from November 8.
  • UAC has confirmed that offers and ATAR will be released in January.
Timeline for return to school:
  • Kindergarten and Year 1 students will return from October 25
  • Year 2, 6 and 11 will return from November 1
  • Year 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10 will return from November 8
  • Year 12s will have full-time access to school campuses from October 25.
  • Masks will be mandatory for staff and high school students with it being strongly recommended for primary school
Source: ABC news, UAC media release, DET media release

Update:
  • (03/09/21) UAC has confirmed that SRS dates remain unchanged. That is: application closes 19th Sep. Offers are out 12th Nov
  • (10/09/21) HSC timetables have been officially released by NESA, students can login to students online to retrieve a personalised timetable.
  • (10/09/21) The ATAR will now be released on the 20th of January. The first ATAR based round will be on the 26th of Jan. More info here
  • (29/09/21) Return of face-to-face learning brought forward and is as followed:
    Students in kindergarten, Years 1 and 12 will now return on October 18
    Years 2, 6 and 11 will return on October 25, and remaining grades will return to the classroom on November 1.
(16/10/21):
Main ATAR Offer Rounds will now occur on:
  • 26 January 2022
  • 3 February 2022
  • 10 February 2022
  • 17 February 2022
  • 3 March 2022
SRS offers will now be issued on multiple rounds:
  • November Round 1 (12/11/21) Preference by: (04/11/21)
  • November Round 2 (25/11/21) Preference by: (18/11/21)
  • December Round 1 (09/12/21) Preference by: (02/12/21)
  • January Round 1 (13/01/22) Preference by: (06/01/22)

Attachments

Last edited:

yanujw

HSC
I know it's almost self-centred of me to ask right now, but what do you people imagine will be the effect of covid on 2022 hsc students? I can't even compare it to what 2020 and 2021 students are facing, but am I likely to go through any major hurdles?

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
I know it's almost self-centred of me to ask right now, but what do you people imagine will be the effect of covid on 2022 hsc students? I can't even compare it to what 2020 and 2021 students are facing, but am I likely to go through any major hurdles?
Who knows. We can speculate. Only time will tell.

I imagine though, that given our current vaccination rates and projections, there really shouldn't be many impediments to the 2022 HSC's final exams & most of the school year.

icycledough

HSC
Being a 2020 graduate, honestly, I thought my year would be the worst it could get in many years, but after having heard about the current situation 2021 graduates are in, I can definitely sympathize with how difficult it must be for every one of them right now, even if things weren't as bad last year.

zizi2003_

HSC
"Thousands of school students in New South Wales are reportedly set to return to their desks in October to face delayed final-year exams which will now be held in November."

"The NSW crisis cabinet is understood to have considered scrapping the vital exams entirely this year because study and teaching has been thrown into chaos by lockdown. But the resultant potential mental health damage was considered too great and the October return and November HSC plan was reportedly approved instead."

"As numbers continue to rise, plans have also been considered to restrict face to face exams to areas where Covid cases are low, according to The Guardian.
However this appears to have been dismissed for unfairly punishing students in the 12 local government areas of concern in Sydney's west and south-west. The crisis cabinet has also reportedly considered limiting HSC exams to key subjects like English and maths"

November.html
Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9928509/NSW-schoolchildren-school-mid-October-HSC-exams-November.html
why are they planning to open school in oct for the other kids as well
it should only be for year 12s??

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Covid-Alpha strain? Covid-Beta strain? Covid-Epsilon strain? Covid-Gamma strain? idk pick your poison lol. Hopefully it turns out alright for you guys.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Cancel
HSC
Thanks Nesa
If ye haven't had enough already smth is wrong
They wont cancel. They might do something similar to NAPLAN, where you have to install particular software on your device with a webcam to ensure you are not cheating.

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
They wont cancel. They might do something similar to NAPLAN, where you have to install particular software on your device with a webcam to ensure you are not cheating.
A multitudinous amount of other nation's education authorities have cancelled final exams worldwide. Why is the occurrence of the traditional HSC exams so imperative?

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Proctored exams?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
A multitudinous amount of other nation's education authorities have cancelled final exams worldwide. Why is the occurrence of the traditional HSC exams so imperative?
probably because Australian education system is too dependent on final exams for fair comparison between schools of different assessments.

laterz laterz

HSC
Covid-Alpha strain? Covid-Beta strain? Covid-Epsilon strain? Covid-Gamma strain? idk pick your poison lol. Hopefully it turns out alright for you guys.
bro it aint't that. it's meant to be covid-delta strain. covid-sigma strain. covid-ngo strain. covid-kurt strains. 🤣🤣

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)