HSC paper practically identical to Catholic Trial (1 Viewer)

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
they can't mark everyone harder coz not everyone did the paper
i personally had never even seen the catholic paper
so how was i advantaged?
and what made it so easy for me that i should get marked harder?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
Caratacus said:
I think they fluked it. The words in the similar questions are lifted straight out of the syllabus. They've just been lazy and haven't changed the words. Like the syllabus says X's "rise to prominece" so they just cut and pasted that.
well, yes, they MAY have just fluked it. It MAY be coincidence. but lets consider some facts:
1. 2003 paper was almost identical to 2001. so they're lazy, and more importantly...
2. many of the ppl who set da catholic trial are the same ppl who set the hsc paper. maybe im just a cynic and annoyed coz i didnt do da trial...but something smells a little fishy to me.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
the 'advantage' of doing the paper is that, we assume, people who did it for their trials should still be able to probably remember the outline of their answers and, more importantly, have gone over the paper and found out what they needed to have put in there to get full marks. if it was my trial paper id be confident i got full marks - u know exactly what to put in! and every1 knows that u go better on something if uve done practice essays and stuff on it already.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
mmm it was werid - we didn't do the catholic trial at our school during the trails this year but we did look over it in class prior to the HSC (along with last years catholic trial)

it didn't click when i got into the HSC but everything did seem very very familar - i got out my catholic paper and ancient exam after reading that article adn low and behold yes it was considerably similar - especially that personality question on Scipio...

even some of the essays were exactly the same - one or two were kinda different but the one's i did i'd planned and written both of them the week before hand...

mmm - you can get copies of the Catholic trial on the web though can't u??? or schools can order it in?? I guess they figure that in theory everyone does have acess to it?

Last edited:

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
MissSavage29 said:
you can get copies of the Catholic trial on the web though can't u???
I don't know where you can get it on the web. I would have LOVED to have seen it before the HSC...

somechick

HSC
N/A
silvermoon said:
the 'advantage' of doing the paper is that, we assume, people who did it for their trials should still be able to probably remember the outline of their answers and, more importantly, have gone over the paper and found out what they needed to have put in there to get full marks. if it was my trial paper id be confident i got full marks - u know exactly what to put in! and every1 knows that u go better on something if uve done practice essays and stuff on it already.

yeah completely. If i had my trial in my hsc i would have known what to put, what to not, what to improve etc, because we went over it twice with our teacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)