HSC Scaling (1 Viewer)

ninjia

HSC
N/A
Hello, i'm actually not doing the HSC this year but i was just wondering generally what subjects get scaled down and up. Mostly interested in Visual Arts, Legal Studies, Business Studies and Economics,history , Math Extension 1, IST, Geography, English (general) but others would be helpful too. Not too sure what to make of the scaling charts online so I just need a generalisation. Thankyou
(thankyou to rathin for correcting me when i said Commerce and Law)

Last edited:

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Hello, i'm actually not doing the HSC this year but i was just wondering generally what subjects get scaled down and up. Mostly interested in Visual Arts, Commerce, Law, Math Extension 1, IST, Geography, English (general) but others would be helpful too. Not too sure what to make of the scaling charts online so I just need a generalisation. Thankyou
???

ninjia

HSC
N/A
There are no subjects like Commerce or Law in yr 11-12
There is Legal Studies, Business Studies and Economics if that is what you meant
Thankyou, I've changed it. As you have probably predicted im in year 10 currently and just ....confused i guess

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
I would really recommend doing Adv Eng
Std Scales bad..well its not drastically bad but its is hard to get band 6 due to the aligning

leehuan

HSC
I sincerely hope that you are merely asking this interest and NOT for the pure sake of picking "good scaling subjects".

Anything scales down if you suck at it.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
I sincerely hope that you are merely asking this interest and NOT for the pure sake of picking "good scaling subjects".

not 4u tho..a 60 in 4u still beats high band 5 in pdhpe and business and legal

ninjia

HSC
N/A

Problem is the only subject I like is Va and everything else I'm literally straight bang average. Above list are things I generally don't fall asleep in though

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Problem is the only subject I like is Va and everything else I'm literally straight bang average. Above list are things I generally don't fall asleep in though
:haha:

I like you.

leehuan

HSC
not 4u tho..a 60 in 4u still beats high band 5 in pdhpe and business and legal
That guy that got 60 in 4u could probably get 90+ in all three of those other subjects you mentioned provided he was more interested in them. Just cause "4U has godly scaling" doesn't mean you should do it if you're gonna make your life hell doing it.

If he got 80-89 in them and didn't really have much interest in maths he would've gotten 50 in 4U

If he got 80-89 and really liked maths he would've gotten 70+ in 4U and then we immediately derail off to actually proving my point

Having an interest for just one thing is quite normal in Yr 10 (for me I only had 2 - maths and chemistry). But you should still be eliminating the things you don't like and then arriving at one final conclusion of what to try out.

If you act quick enough, then once you're in Yr 11 you should be allowed to drop (if you have enough units) or swap subjects

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
How much higher does 3U scale higher than 2U and how much higher does 4U scale over 3U?

RyanT7

HSC
The chemistry and physics scaling tend to fluctuate a lot, however chemistry usually tends to narrowly scale better

RyanT7

HSC
How much higher does 3U scale higher than 2U and how much higher does 4U scale over 3U?
2u - A bit better than something like legal/business for example

3u - Scales better than the sciences and english extension

4u - extremely well

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I think chemistry scales higher than physics is b/c chemistry is a build up subject where if you stuff up from the very beginning (i.e. chemical earth) catching up is very difficult, wheras physics is not a build up subject

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)