HSC Study lab Macquarie, Any good? (1 Viewer)

woopa

HSC
Hey has anyone use HSC Study Lab made be Macquarie university? It covers Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

What are your thoughts?

Is it a big help and similar to your classes?

Simorgh

HSC
Bump. Was planning to get MQ Study Lab few weeks back, then changed my mind because wasn't sure how good all the exercises and videos besides the sample vids on their page.

It would be great if someone who already uses it could give some feedback.

woopa

HSC
Noone at all has used this? Strange because it seems so great but I can't find anything on any forums at all about it as a good resource

laloola

HSC
N/A
I use it!! I reckon it's kinda useful if you want to freshen up your memory before an exam or if you don't understand anything you can always look at the videos. There are also quizzes for you to do.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think if anyone has a Burwood library card-they can access the HSC Study Lab thing for free via their E-library because Burwood library has subscribed to it.

Simorgh

HSC
Realise it might not be worth it for me. Sometimes whenever I use technology for study I just somehow end up wasting time on some site like youtube or music.

I strictly avoid my laptop during study, other than for writing some English drafts or printing stuff off. Its not gonna work out for people like me. Hard copies and book are ten times better for me. However I would have liked if someone could explain the content to me like they do on those videos.

Mathew587

HSC
For biology, hschero.com.au is a great resource :)
They havent really got any other subjects up yet tho

sajochi

HSC
My school provides StudyLab and i have purchased HSC Hub.

Personally, I find the HSC Hub videos much more engaging and concise (I too am very distractible), though I've watched both for almost all of chemistry and physics and there is very little which doesn't overlap (if anything, HSC Hub has better facts and side notes).

For the cheaper price, it's certainly a valuable resource.

awahaib

HSC
It's really good. I used it for 4 hours and it covered 2 modules and I have heaps of notes now cuz of it 100% recommend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)