HTA 2005 Essay Prize (1 Viewer)

Carnivour

HSC
2005 HTA Ext History Prize

Have they been announced yet? I've heard from some people that they have, and from others that they get announced in early 2006.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I very much doubt that anything has been announced. The entry form said that prizes would be announced in early 2006, I don't know where 'some people' heard that from. They were only due in by 30th of September. I doubt whether they have even been completely marked/judged yet.

Did yours get entered? Mine did... I'd love to atleast get a certificate but I'm not betting on it!

Carnivour

HSC
Yeah, mine got entered as well as another girl's from my school, but we havent heard anything about them since, so I was just wondering.
And I never even filled an application form in, my teacher just did it all. Unless she forgot or something. Meh, either way doesnt really bother me, I was just curious.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
silvermoon said:
well, i got my letter from them saying about the judging and how i'd gone early this year, so i imagine you'll have to wait til 2006 to hear anything
do they give any feedback? Did you get any prize or something special?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
"The subjective nature of history and historical documents means the responsibility for the creation of both the heroes ands villains of history falls more on the historian than on the individual of whom they write.

Explore this concept with regard to Ned Kelly, his motives and portrayal."

jdrockefeller

HSC
yeah, I was meant to give my project to my teacher so he could enter it, but that involved printing off a fresh copy as he had written all over mine. Faaaaar too much effort for me

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
silvermoon said:
well, i got my letter from them saying about the judging and how i'd gone early this year, so i imagine you'll have to wait til 2006 to hear anything
That's correct. Same time every year.

I got nominated by my school, but I was annoyed that I didn't get in the top group. Such as life, I guess.

All the winners that I've looked at seemed to have sold their soul to far too much work.

a8o - I really hope you didn't hand your essay in the way that's in the 2005 Showcase thread... It's such a great essay, but the layout is shithouse. Not to mention the several places where a sentence gets cut off mid-way...

Have you got a final draft sitting around? I'd love to read it - very interesting and original stuff :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)