Hurlstone Agricultural Selective Highschool (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey!

My familys moving to west sydney(because of work)... well be living around cambletown..that area..:eek:

I go to Manly selective now...does anyone now if it would be hard to transfer to Hurlstone? Does anyone go there? Whats the schools rank? Would it be very hard to transfer mid- year 11?
Please!!! Really confused and worried!!!!:confused:
Ive also never been to that part of sydney before? How is it? Any info would be GREAT!!!

Thanx!!!

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
I'm not sure how hard it is to transfer from one selective school to another.

I know of one member of the 07 class currently on BOS that goes to Hurlstone(drynxz). There might be others, I'm not sure.

The school's rank last year was 29th out of how many schools there are.

No idea how hard it is to transfer mid-year 11, you'll have to ask someone else for that.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I think you'll find that there is no "Selective" in the official name of the school

Well, youre aleady at a selective, so it should be no problem transferring, unless they only have boarder places. I live out here and a lot of my friends go to Hurlstone, so, its not too bad a place. Go for it.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Hey..

I'm a senior student at Hurlstone now.

To be honest I'm not sure that you'll be able to transfer here... But regardless of my opinion you should be sure to RING AND FIND OUT ASAP. (I'd suggest talking to your school first...)

Basically, all new students for year 11 must take Agriculture as a HSC subject, similar to how people at catholic schools take SOR.

To be legible to take the HSC course for any subject you must have completed the preliminary course, which has already started I believe - assesment tasks and all.

So going after that logic, I dont think you'll be able to join year 11.... But like I said, you should really talk to your school first and follow their advice.

As for the school itself, it has quite a few benefits. Its easily the best school in the area (imho) but as far as SW Sydney goes thats not saying an awful lot. Any student at Hurlstone def. has the potential to become a great all-rounder, with the strong emphasis the school tends to put on extra-curriculars. I find a lot of the teachers here are approachable and there are multiple senior support programs running for maths and english to provide revision work for students.

Our last ranking was considerably lower , but I personally believed that grade wasn't as serious as previous years.

It doesnt take me long to get to school and I don't think I'd want to go anywhere else since the only better schools imho aren't worth the travel time for me.

Good luck.

A l

HSC
N/A
Manly Selective High School (27th) and Hurlstone Agricultural High School (29th) are similarly ranked.

SeDaTeD

HSC
I'm not sure if you would be able to if you didn't take the selective test last year, however there might be ways. You'd have to ask, I don't actually know. It may be possible.

ehcoroche

HSC
my guess is the mid yr 11...you not too much hope, sorry haha im in yr 12 at HAHS now, you really never know though so...feel free to try, i bitch and whinge about the school but all in all the place is pretty good, its a very interesting place to be with a but-load of oportunity

Pubert

HSC
The Hurlstone uniform is gay. They are always running around with their super long socks and short shorts on the train, don't forget the fucked up colour.
But, thats all i know about the school. :)
Happy to contribute.

kodos

Premium Member
HSC
Well since you are attemptinh to come to the school as a senior, you don't have to wear the stupid uniform. Some seniors do wear them during summer time but most just wear the winter uniform. IMO Hurlstone, is a very competitive school and the students there are very friendly. I am not quite sure will you be able to transfer though because all the spaces in Yr.11 are full atm and don't think anyone have left yet. Though still give it a try and call the school ASP/

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Our winter uniform is easily one of the most fashionable uniforms out there.
Senior winter is grey pants, white shirt, blue tie. Its so acceptable I'm allowed to wear it for my secretarial work at the medical centre.

As for our infamous boys summer, (khaki shirt + shorts + knee-highsocks)... (pretty similar to steve irwin minus the shirt pockets)

I wear it by choice because I love it!

I think it gives the school character and I honestly believe it looks great on some people! (It def. doesnt suit skinny people, or people with light skin complexions, namely asians).

Before pink shirts on men were popular most people would say they were bad.

I wear khaki with pride!

:p

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
fly.away.fairy said:
Hey!

My familys moving to west sydney(because of work)... well be living around cambletown..that area..:eek:

I go to Manly selective now...does anyone now if it would be hard to transfer to Hurlstone? Does anyone go there? Whats the schools rank? Would it be very hard to transfer mid- year 11?
Please!!! Really confused and worried!!!!:confused:
Ive also never been to that part of sydney before? How is it? Any info would be GREAT!!!

Thanx!!!
eeek... sucks to move so far... but my cousin goes there. the schools like top 20, bloody geniuses... alot of asians too apparently... hot asian? nah... well my cousin says the chicks there are pretty not hot since all they do is study.

i think you gotta do agricultural studies as 2 units, because its an agricultural school. but i guess if you did 12 units, it wouldnt count anyways. plus who doesnt wanna shove their hands up a cow ass?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Man it'll be hard to transfer midway through yr11... I guess you'd need to make special application asap to their principal/board and prove that you are a good student?

As for rank, Hurlstone was 29th.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Orange Juice said:
eeek... sucks to move so far... but my cousin goes there. the schools like top 20, bloody geniuses... alot of asians too apparently... hot asian? nah... well my cousin says the chicks there are pretty not hot since all they do is study.
Lol, so studying uglyfies you?

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
yeh me and kodos are new at hurlstone in year 11...uniform u can wear summer all year around...people are quite smart..with a few exceptions (some boreders) and the ethnic breakdown is 40% asian, 20% indian and 40 percent aussies...i think...comming in mid through year 11 might be a problem since the pace of year 11 is fairly quick...and its a shame there are no new students in year 12...its up to you...but i think u would be better to stay at manly, despite the travel.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
Orange Juice said:
..... plus who doesnt wanna shove their hands up a cow ass?
ur lucky if u come in year 11...u wont have to do that since it was in year 10....but in my opinion i would rather do that, and not do ag for the HSC..but neways i think ag is a good bludge subject, if u can handle the farm smell (my god the piggery stinks)

HSC
drynxz said:
ur lucky if u come in year 11...u wont have to do that since it was in year 10....but in my opinion i would rather do that, and not do ag for the HSC..but neways i think ag is a good bludge subject, if u can handle the farm smell (my god the piggery stinks)
I go to a school which has agriculture (i did it in yr 7, 9, 10 and this year) and we've never had to stick our arms up anything. Im glad i dont go to hurlstone! :D

We watched a video where people did though...

Last edited:

SeDaTeD

HSC
I think in some circumstances, it is possible to transfer in year 12, as I think it was the case for someone who had to move to Sydney for sport commitments.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Oh come on.. We didnt HAVE to do it.. (cow)

Everyone who does it did it voluntarily for the prac marks :p

You'll like senior ag when you get 90+% in every exam, ahead of the boarders :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)