I. Am. Dead. (1 Viewer)

darkroomgirl

HSC
Oh dear. Today, I just realised that I didn't even include a freaking bibliography for my history assignment. I am a major IDIOT.

Can I just ask, does this mean I'm guaranteed a Fail? I footnoted everything to a T, by the way, so is there hope?

Can someone please hold me while I cry?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Just email it to your lecturer and apologise for the small error.

So long as you footnoted everything he or she will know it's all authentic and you won't have to worry.

Certainly not a guaranteed fail.

darkroomgirl

HSC
Phew. And by that I mean... big, big sigh of relief.

Seriously. Without Bored of Studies I am totally lost and paranoid. Thank God for this forum.

X

xeuyrawp

darkroomgirl said:
It's considered a small error? Really?

I'm guessing footnoting is way more important then?
Just make sure you apologise profusely :p

Generator

HSC
N/A
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think that you should be thanking your lucky stars just yet. There is a good chance that you could receive nothing more than a bare pass given that a bibliography is essential and that you did sign off below the compliance statement on the cover sheet (footnoting is but a part of the academic acknowledgement system, after all).

It's very unlikely that you will fail given that this is probably your first assessment in the course, but do I hope that you learn from this experience - many academics are more than nasty when it comes to marking, so it's best to always be certain that everything is in order before you throw the essay into the collection box.

Edit: Just for the record, I always expect the worst.

Last edited:

salsydney

HSC
ive done this before, just emailed the lecturer afterwards, and she didnt give a toss, said to just email it through... mind you, i dont think i left off the bibliography completely, just submitted one that wasnt the final copy... this lecturer was a pretty easy going one though, dunno how she would have been if it had been a class of 1000 on main campus... but one can only hope your lecturer will be cool..

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
If you know your marker, you get to them asap and you have footnoted everything as you said and it is clear that the omission of the bibliography is a silly error only a total jerk of a marker would refuse to accept you handing in a bibliography. Sure you might get a small penalty, but there is a good chance that they probably havnt marked it yet.

However. I know nothing about how much of a nice person or not your marker is.

bubu

oh crap i forgot to do that for my first aero assignment

i was in such a hurry, cause i jus finished it 3hrs before the thing was due and didnt go to sleep for like 2 days jus doin a major assignment and i forgot to attach a biography to it, and the lecturer is like really not that bad in a bad mood but when nothing is wrong he is not a very happy chap

i havent emailed kc cause i didnt no u we where meant to do that

wat will happen in this case

i fully did everything of where i got the sources from in each paragraph... it was quite detailed cause kc stressed how important it was to label everythin

i remembered that but forgot to put in a biography

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
dz said:

i was in such a hurry, cause i jus finished it 3hrs before the thing was due and didnt go to sleep for like 2 days jus doin a major assignment and i forgot to attach a biography to it, and the lecturer is like really not that bad in a bad mood but when nothing is wrong he is not a very happy chap

i havent emailed kc cause i didnt no u we where meant to do that

wat will happen in this case

i fully did everything of where i got the sources from in each paragraph... it was quite detailed cause kc stressed how important it was to label everythin

i remembered that but forgot to put in a biography
Let me get this straight: you submitted an assignment, without a bibliography, to KC.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAV

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
This whole bibliography thing I do instinctively. I suppose you didn't have mean highschool teachers back in your day huh. Traumatised the crap out of me.

ZERO STEF. ZERO.

darkroomgirl

HSC
Hmmm, I just e-mailed my tutor (who's also one of the lecturers)... and she said that it certainly doesn't mean a fail for me... I quote...

"The footnotes and bibliography are, of course, essential parts of an essay, but
if they are poorly done or missing that would certainly not mean an automatic
failure. I am much more interested in argument, organsiation of material and
written expression."

Hmm. I'll e-mail the bibliography in any case.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
WTF i wonder if having a bibliography applied for my own CLaw assingment? hmm...

T

Testpilot

dz said:
dz, private mesage me, I want to know more about Aero Engineering

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Testpilot said:
dz, private mesage me, I want to know more about Aero Engineering
All you need to know is that it eats donkey cock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)