I did not like Ben Afflecks Batman. BvS rant. (1 Viewer)

Whicanti

HSC
Keep in mind i did enjoy Ben's portrayal of Batman/Bruce Wayne. I just have a minor issue to pick with this incarnation of Batman. He kills people! Mercy is supposed to be apart of the hero's schtick. He would not let himself succumb to his own hatred and kill any criminals. No matter how bad or threating a criminal is to Gotham, Batman would never take their lives. Though throughout the film, i'm witnessing him blow up baddies (overkill much) with his batmobile and use firearms to shoot dudes who probably had children. Mercifulness was an admirable trait to me the viewer, because the old Batman would defeat various villains despite various emotional and physical challenges and still manage uphold justice without the need for their deaths. I must say, after gasping at the cold blooded murders committed by our so called hero, I was rooting for Superman to annihilate Batman to atone him for his sins. Now i cant look at B-man as a heroic figure in future DC films as i did for his previous iterations such as the Arkham, Animated and all the other Batmen ever!

Last edited:

ThreeSciences

HSC
I never followed the comics but I know for a fact that he doesn't use guns meanwhile I swear I remember watching him blowing the face off some guys with their own guns when he's trying to save Martha with Superman.

swaghili

HSC
IMO i think the BvS batman suited the movie since batfleck is meant to be much older than previous iterations and it's assumed that over time he's grown much more cynical and apathetic towards the lives of criminals. dude obviously has some issues hinted at with the ruined robin suit and all so my view is that he kills not because he's a 'cold blooded murderer', but because he simply doesn't care anymore.
There was a great point mentioned elsewhere about him comparing criminals to weeds (in that if you pull it, more grow, or something like that) and with alfred's bit about helplessness making men go cruel, it puts a great new spin on the 'i don't kill criminals because i'm a good guy' type and makes it so much darker (and fun).
TL;DR: Batman isn't 'cold-blooded' or 'succumbing to hatred', he takes out bad guys and kills if it's the convenient way of doing it because he dgaf anymore.
(sorry for the length, it's my first post :/ )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)