I didn't realise there was allocated sections to write everything in. (1 Viewer)

99atarbois

HSC
HSC 2020) So we had 2 personalised booklets, one for section 1 (which has short answers) and another for section 2 (empty, used for extended)

However, due to the adrenalin rush of the exam I wrote the continuation of my short (section 1) answers into the specific section 2 booklets (specific for the extendeds), I did list the section 1 questions I was answering (e.g Q22)A)) and made sure I checked with the supervisor where she wrote "continuation of section 1 along with 2". However, upon researching the matter, I found this on NESA;

If you have run out of room in the Question 11 booklet, don’t use the Question 12 writing booklet to complete Question 11. You may be marked against the wrong marking guidelines, and consequently not gain marks.”

So, I am a bit worried if the booklets are scanned separately and the endings of my section 1 answers aren't there for the marker to see, hence losing marks. The supervisor also seemed a bit confused about the matter, so I'm scared ill lose marks :(

So what do you think I should do now? Is it necessary contacting NESA? Really don't have lee-way to lose marks due to my course.

erucibon

HSC
N/A
The booklets are scanned separately and sent to separate markers, but if your supervisor wrote on the front of the booklet that you made this mistake, it will get picked up. But you still should definitely contact NESA to confirm.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
You will be fine lots of students make these kind of mistakes and it will probably be picked up on. If you get your mark back and you think there is a discrepancy then go for the results check that NESA offers after HSC marks are out

99atarbois

HSC
Thanks for that, just in a state of angst because I feel that my chances or SR that particular subject is down the drain. I'm already facing the paranoia and having nightmares about seeing an external mark that is like 20 under my internal mark. For the next few days, I'm going to;

1. Contact NESA and somewhat let them know
2. Open a case with my school about the matter
3. Be as proactive as possible

Am I worrying too much? I really can't face the facts of my ATAR going down significantly due to a small error on my part, which can be easily fixed with communication.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for that, just in a state of angst because I feel that my chances or SR that particular subject is down the drain. I'm already facing the paranoia and having nightmares about seeing an external mark that is like 20 under my internal mark. For the next few days, I'm going to;

1. Contact NESA and somewhat let them know
2. Open a case with my school about the matter
3. Be as proactive as possible

Am I worrying too much? I really can't face the facts of my ATAR going down significantly due to a small error on my part, which can be easily fixed with communication.
It is natural to worry given you have just spent a year studying for this one exam. But try not to stress too much. If it makes you feel better contact NESA but as I said above if they detect it they will mark your answer (it's not like you wrote it in the wrong place and they won't mark it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)