i fucked up (1 Viewer)

cloud_berry

HSC
I thought my biology exam ended at 10:30 but it turns out it ended at 11:30. so i missed out on an entire hour of exam time.

i can’t do much at this point, messaged my teacher and he hasn’t replied so i just have to accept it… :( they weigh 30%, though i’ve done fairly well on biology for the rest of the year, will it affect my ranking too much? i really hope not..

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm sorry to hear that! It depends on how you performed relative to your cohort. Having missed an entire hour, I would assume that your performance was likely impacted. At the same time, 30% is a considerable weighting so there is a chance that it will impact your final rank for Biology. The extent to which your final rank will be affected depends on how you've performed in the previous 70% worth of assessment tasks/exams, which may not be significant as you mentioned you have performed fairly well throughout the year, meaning the factor that may have a more significant effect is your own performance in your trial exam as well as that of your cohort, so hopefully your performance ends up being good despite the unfortunate exam time misunderstanding. Congratulations on finishing your Biology trial exam regardless! You should be proud of having completed a tough exam under the current circumstances!

I would personally advise you to forget about this exam because there's really not much you can do about it now that it's done, and instead shift your focus to what's more important, which is any trial exams you are yet to sit (if applicable) and, most importantly, your HSC exams. The weighting of the HSC exam is significant to a point that allows you to turn things around in your favour through optimal performance, so it's definitely a great chance of making a substantial difference, minimising the effect your trial exam will have on your final rank, which ultimately impacts your final mark.

All the best! 😄

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
that's terribly sad

it shouldn't be too much damage if you attempted all/most questions, you probably rushed but you were still able to sit the exam and get some writing down, as opposed to missing the exam completely which would basically be an immediate 0 (if you couldn't sort a replacement or something afterwards). this is a situation more common than you think, many times I had friends thinking the exam started an hour or two later than it actually did, or they thought it was an afternoon exam instead of morning, and so when they realised they'd rush to school and still sit the paper even if they had like two thirds or one third of the time left. it's much better than not sitting the exam at all

accidents and such technical problems can happen, we're human and make mistakes so don't beat yourself up over it since you still scored marks after all, and in hindsight you shouldn't be too badly affected in the long-term since you've done well in all ur other assessments. gl !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)