I got fined! (1 Viewer)

Larche

HSC
Not sure where to post this so I'll just post it here.

I got fined today $200 for having the incorrect ticket. I nearly fainted. Apparently I have to have a zone 2 ticket past Burwood -.- I've been using the fricken zone 1 for the entire year and I've been checked countless times and they only fine me now?! I find it really unfair since I was checked already on the same exact train earlier and there were no problems, plus this is my first offence and I didn't even know :( I feel really sad now...

Can I appeal to this??? Or would I be better off just paying the fine...

EDIT: Will I have a criminal record because of this?! *hyperventilates*

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
lol if you're going to evade fare; do it right. kids these days, smh

did you give the TO your real name or was it the popo?

the criminal record part: I think fines do come up but if your a minor then dw we all do stupid shit

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

I got fined today $200 for having the incorrect ticket. I nearly fainted. Apparently I have to have a zone 2 ticket past Burwood -.- I've been using the fricken zone 1 for the entire year and I've been checked countless times and they only fine me now?! I find it really unfair since I was checked already on the same exact train earlier and there were no problems, plus this is my first offence and I didn't even know :( I feel really sad now...

LOL

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
If you believe you have been unfairly fined you have the option of having the matter dealt with by a court. Depending on the circumstances you may also be entitled to a review by the State Debt Recovery Office.

Visit the State Debt Recovery Office website for further information on the fine process.

http://www.sdro.nsw.gov.au/

Good luck OP, hopefully your fine gets overturned to a warning.

Larche

HSC
If I fight it and I lose won't I just end up with a bigger fine?

madharris

HSC
N/A
If I fight it and I lose won't I just end up with a bigger fine?
just appeal. if it's your first offence then it doesn't matter. 9/10 times they let you off the hook for your first offence

And no that doesn't happen unless you take it to court

Larche

HSC
just appeal. if it's your first offence then it doesn't matter. 9/10 times they let you off the hook for your first offence

How does one appeal?

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad

they let me off since it was first offence, just try it if it doesnt work just pay, going to court was of time and effort for something as stupid as this

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC

Hey OP! Don't assume the worst is going to happen! As said above, appeal for it/request a review. To do this, go here:
http://www.sdro.nsw.gov.au/fines/pn/review.php#r4r

and click the "continue" button then fill in your details and appeal accordingly. Note that it's unavailable between 11.30pm and midnight each evening.

After that they'll send you an email (in approx 2 weeks?) about their decision on the appeal. Most of the time they will get it waived if you give a decent explanation (such as not knowing about it) which I'm pretty sure you have. Worst you can get is just a warning not to do it again.

* just speaking from experience lol*

Larche

HSC
UPDATE: I still have to pay the fine :mad3: But at least I've landed a job so it shouldn't be too bad >.>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)