I have chosen all writing-based subjects, was this a mistake? (1 Viewer)

Liam4

HSC
I've never really been good in Science and I definitely hate Maths, however, I love History the most and a lot of the HSIE based subjects. So when I chose my year 11 and 12 subjects, I decided to choose Ancient, Modern, English ext. , SOR II, Legal Studies and CAFS. I've been told many times that they're heavy in writing but is it possible to manage all these writing-based subjects without losing my mind?

Last edited:

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I've never really been good in Science and I definitely hate Maths, however, I love History the most and a lot of the HSIE based subjects. So when I chose my year 11 and 12 subjects, I decided to choose Ancient, Modern, English ext. , SOR II and Legal Studies. I've been told many times that they're heavy in writing but is it possible to manage all these writing-based subjects without losing my mind?
Sure, if you like them why not? People tend to over-exaggerate things in highschool imo. It doesn't really matter if they're all writing subjects.

Liam4

HSC
Sure, if you like them why not? People tend to over-exaggerate things in highschool imo. It doesn't really matter if they're all writing subjects.
Thanks for the reply, it made me feel better. Starting Year 11 in two days, let's hope this journey ends well 🤞

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad

Liam4

HSC
I forgot to mention that I also do CAFS, whoops.

periodmami

HSC
Literally most subjects are writing-heavy (even science).
you'll do great! the first step is believing in yourself,
I'm doing 3 HSIE subjects, 2 creative arts and English EXT.
No math, no science = HAPPINESS!
It will all work out <3

Liam4

HSC
Literally most subjects are writing-heavy (even science).
you'll do great! the first step is believing in yourself,
I'm doing 3 HSIE subjects, 2 creative arts and English EXT.
No math, no science = HAPPINESS!
It will all work out <3
Thank you :)! I am glad that someone else shares an unlikeliness for Maths and Science lol.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
From the sounds of it, you seem less likely to loose your mind doing humanities then if you choose to do science/mathematical type subjects.

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
I've never really been good in Science and I definitely hate Maths, however, I love History the most and a lot of the HSIE based subjects. So when I chose my year 11 and 12 subjects, I decided to choose Ancient, Modern, English ext. , SOR II, Legal Studies and CAFS. I've been told many times that they're heavy in writing but is it possible to manage all these writing-based subjects without losing my mind?
Hey,
That's totally fine! If you have a passion towards those subjects, then I'm sure you'll do great! I was told the same thing repeatedly when I chose my subjects and it's safe to say that if you put the effort in, and focus to achieve the results you're after, then you should be fine. I've chosen English Advanced, Mathematics Advanced, Business Studies, Legal Studies, IPT and SOR II. They're definitely a little bit content heavy but I haven't lost my mind yet lol.

Good Luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)