I know special considerations are closed (1 Viewer)

biologysucks

HSC
My best friend passed away just before trial hsc and that has completely ruined me. I've been going to psychiatrist and is still under severe depression, and I know that I am probably gonna fail hsc. I was literally on a verge of giving up everything, since I am so certain that I will ruin my external mark, until now. No one told me that special consideration existed, not even school. Its deadline was 12 Nov, like, I could have applied for it if I had known.

My internal ranks are high since I was high achieving student before it happened. And I defo know that I will fail my hsc, since Ive got like 40 - 60 for trial hsc. Is there any other considerations or whatsoever that I can apply for? I'm bloody international and still doesn't know who Australian system works, I did try looking for some documents but couldn't really find much info.

fruitpunch

HSC
My best friend passed away just before trial hsc and that has completely ruined me. I've been going to psychiatrist and is still under severe depression, and I know that I am probably gonna fail hsc. I was literally on a verge of giving up everything, since I am so certain that I will ruin my external mark, until now. No one told me that special consideration existed, not even school. Its deadline was 12 Nov, like, I could have applied for it if I had known.

My internal ranks are high since I was high achieving student before it happened. And I defo know that I will fail my hsc, since Ive got like 40 - 60 for trial hsc. Is there any other considerations or whatsoever that I can apply for? I'm bloody international and still doesn't know who Australian system works, I did try looking for some documents but couldn't really find much info.
EAS applications are open, you can apply through UAC

Disssi

HSC
N/A

My deepest condolences go out to you. I’m really sorry you had to experience such a thing at this age, i can not possibly understand what you’re going through, but I know it is much more than what I can imagine.

I don’t know much about special considerations, but due to your circumstances, maybe call up NESA and talk to them? Maybe they’re not so heartless and will help you out.

I hope things go well, take care of yourself and remember that it’s okay to feel what you’re feeling now.

Leadmen4y

HSC
what course you're thinking and what atar's needed?

biologysucks

HSC
what course you're thinking and what atar's needed?
Data science and etc.
I've got conditional offer from usyd, unsw etc which includes my first priority, but i think required atar range is from 80 to 90. It might be different for international and this covid circumstances, but i am defo not confident bout my atar... if only i was eligible for early entry...

dannyo1

HSC
Data science and etc.
I've got conditional offer from usyd, unsw etc which includes my first priority, but i think required atar range is from 80 to 90. It might be different for international and this covid circumstances, but i am defo not confident bout my atar... if only i was eligible for early entry...
First of all, I am so incredibly sorry - what you are going through sounds incomprehensibly bad and I truly cannot imagine how it must hurt.

I would seriously suggest directly calling the universities, as early as possible. Explain what is happening and show that you can prove it with relevant documentation - they are human too and I'm sure they'll do anything they can to help you out within the constraints of the rules.
Just talk to them - better sooner than later and see what can be done, they would be the most knowledgeable.

I'd also call NESA and UAC as others have suggested - don't email them, don't talk to a robot, talk to a person and explain what's happening and how your school did not give you the relevant information regarding special considerations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)