i may have made a mark below the line it says not to make a mark (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
NESA requests that you don't write below a particular space as the borders shown on the exam paper within which your answers are written will be scanned for marking purposes. Anything written outside of those borders will not be included in the scan and will therefore not be marked.

HSC
NESA requests that you don't write below a particular space as the borders shown on the exam paper within which your answers are written will be scanned for marking purposes. Anything written outside of those borders will not be included in the scan and will therefore not be marked.
it was not anything important, so i'm assuming it's fine?

ohnose

HSC
What would happen if someone used up a lot of the space but didn't write in the sections where it says "Do not write in this section" or below the line but still went a bit outside of the brackets around the page? Will they still manually check and ensure that the content still makes it through?

Kind of stressed cause I didn't write anywhere where they said not to but probably still left out important information past the brackets oh noooo

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
What would happen if someone used up a lot of the space but didn't write in the sections where it says "Do not write in this section" or below the line but still went a bit outside of the brackets around the page? Will they still manually check and ensure that the content still makes it through?

Kind of stressed cause I didn't write anywhere where they said not to but probably still left out important information past the brackets oh noooo
I would imagine that the scan borders would be as follows:

Capture.PNG

Where it says "Do NOT write in this area" in the case of this particular paper, it would be safe to assume that anything written in this area by the student will be ignored.

Regardless, one thing you are definitely encouraged to do going forward is to ask for extra writing booklets as this mitigates the risk of having your answer go beyond the specified borders and potentially have your mark impacted by this.

yanujw

HSC
I would imagine that the scan borders would be as follows:

View attachment 33614

Where it says "Do NOT write in this area" in the case of this particular paper, it would be safe to assume that anything written in this area by the student will be ignored.

Regardless, one thing you are definitely encouraged to do going forward is to ask for extra writing booklets as this mitigates the risk of having your answer go beyond the specified borders and potentially have your mark impacted by this.
Looking at past scanned papers of student reponses, the parts outside of those bolded borders in the corners are generally included, but that grey area is not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)