I want my Ps (1 Viewer)

epotolesmata

HSC
I have failed my test 3 times in a manual. My dad said to me if I fail the third time I go in an auto. He then changed his mind and said to wait after the HSC. It pisses me of that heaps of other people have a new car and their license when I cant even walk more than 200m from my house. I think he paid people at the RTA to fail me. The first time got a shit score, second time I shouldn't have gone as I wasn't well and third, the guy said I wasn't relaxed enough and didn't take risks, not to mention making me drive all over Wetherill Park and then to Carnes Hill. I think he wanted me to fail because I am a girl and want to drive manual. So now I have to wait despite being confident in an auto and I need the freedom. None of my friends have their Ps so I am stuffed. What are some ways I can get to the RTA without my parents knowing to get my Ps? I also do not want to do it at Wetherill Park so any suggestion for location?

astroman

HSC
wetheril park has bad pass rates, i suggest do it at blacktown during not busy times, u can book the test online and just go but u need over 18 signature i believe, so yea, just practice and then give it a go. I failed as well but got it, practice makes perfect,i have some tips and advice:

p's test is pretty bullshit since you fail for the stupidest reasons, i failed for being asked to turn the demystifier on lol and going about 42kmh in a school zone. Test is 20-30mins, but some tips:

- relax, don't talk excessively and focus on the road.
- before you start the instructor will ask you to sit in the car and test your indicators, and brake lights. Ensure you put your seatbelt on and turn the key's ignition to the point where you can operate the indicators and brake.
- once all checks are done, instructor will sit and give an overview saying something along the lines of: 'i will be your instructor for the day, we will do this course and will be testing you on specific manoeuvres (usually kerb side stop, reverse parallel park). He/she will then ask for any questions, ask anything you want here.
- fiddle around with controls to show you know how to operate stuff. Ensure your position is upright and hold your steering wheel at 10 and 2 position. At no point should you ever drive with just one hand unless you are either shifting gears or doing a tight turn.
- Put your AC on to a suitable temperature and turn on your demystifier to the front and rear windows.
- Pull out into traffic slowly, and physically show you are viewing your blindspots, twist your head so they can see you are making an effort.
- always stay below the limit, you can't fail for going under the limit but if you go a kilometre over it's instant fail.
- always check your blind spot and shoulders whenever you move from a halt such as a stop sign or traffic lights, it is bullshit rule but you must since they think a cyclist or something could come.
- The instructor is looking at the cluster gauge constantly to check your speed, ensure you stay under since where they sit from it looks a bit higher.
- follow the route the instructor says clearly, they are basically talking like a complicated GPS, they will say stuff like, 'turn right on the second set of lights' or 'turn right on the roundabout', make sure you are alert, listen to them and focus on the road.
- Never go through a yellow light if you can stop prior without slamming the brakes, if the light goes yellow when you just enter the intersection it is fine then.
- Don't stand on pedestrian crossings or zebra crossings as you are obstructing people.
- Clipping the kerb of the round about is counted as an error so avoid it.
- when the road splits from one lane into two you must indicate.
- Go slowly over speed-bumps and check for pedestrian crossings.
- You must stand for at least 3 seconds at a stop sign, this is a rule and if you don't it is an error.
- ensure you check your review mirror a lot, make an effort to show you are looking.
- the instructor is writing things down, this stresses you out, don't worry too much and don't try to peak at what they are writing.
- listen to what the manoeuvre is that they tell you, know what a reverse parallel park is and a kerb side stop is. You must also put your car into either first gear if in manual or park in automatic and put handbrake and shut car off to satisfactorily pass the manoeuvre. This is just a safety thing.
- when returning to test facility, park where they say, this is also like another manoeuvre they test, if you hit the kerb they might fail you.
- be aware of school zones, these are a killer.
- essential tip of all: relax and stay calm, the test is unrealistic, no where in real driving situations do you have someone testing what you do. Just drive like a granny that is being super safe.

If you have any questions please ask, i did the test twice coz i failed due to stupid reasons so i know what is expected

HSC
the thing is, generally parents are the ones making everything scary
it's good if you're relaxed but your parents need to be calm for you too
is there anyone else who can take you there?

go_cadel

HSC
What are some ways I can get to the RTA without my parents knowing to get my Ps?
Well, once you do get your P's won't your parents know you took the test without their permission? Cos it'll be pretty obvious once you start taking the car out of the driveway by yourself after you get the licence.

D94

HSC
N/A
What are some ways I can get to the RTA without my parents knowing to get my Ps?
Well you would need a car to actually do the test. If you have the dough then hire a driving instructor's car for the test.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I have failed my test 3 times in a manual. My dad said to me if I fail the third time I go in an auto. He then changed his mind and said to wait after the HSC. It pisses me of that heaps of other people have a new car and their license when I cant even walk more than 200m from my house. I think he paid people at the RTA to fail me. The first time got a shit score, second time I shouldn't have gone as I wasn't well and third, the guy said I wasn't relaxed enough and didn't take risks, not to mention making me drive all over Wetherill Park and then to Carnes Hill. I think he wanted me to fail because I am a girl and want to drive manual. So now I have to wait despite being confident in an auto and I need the freedom. None of my friends have their Ps so I am stuffed. What are some ways I can get to the RTA without my parents knowing to get my Ps? I also do not want to do it at Wetherill Park so any suggestion for location?
Don't even play the gender card.

They fail you for a reason , and that is for not driving to the satisfactory level.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Look at your green paper and see where you went wrong , observation checks? Speed management ?

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't even play the gender card.

They fail you for a reason , and that is for not driving to the satisfactory level.
Gotta say I agree completely. The driving test for the most part barely tests actual driving skill and roadcraft. As long as you follow the instructions and guidelines in the Roaduser's Handbook it's pretty hard to fail. The OP's post feels like a huge whinge about failing tbh. Going through the points made, "got a shit score", well that's self explanatory. "Wasn't well", are you saying that you're always gonna be feeling 100% before you drive? "Wasn't relaxed enough" and "didn't take risks," I would hazard a suggestion in saying that you were probably driving too rigidly, ie: not responding appropriately to flowing traffic. I very much doubt the second one is accurate as risk management is what good roadcraft is all about.

Rather than making excuses about why you failed 3 times, "dad paying them to fail you" (this sounds really stupid mate...), "because I'm a girl" (errr...really?) and "they made me drive too far" work out WHY you fail and actually improve your driving. The marking criteria is fairly set as are fail items in the test. The routes taken are prearranged for each test center and the testers have no incentive to be discriminatory. Given the level of entitlement in the first post, even if one were technically skilled enough for provisionals I question whether you're mature enough to have a car. Grow up.

Last edited:

astroman

HSC
apply cold water to burns. But srsly OP, read the booklet for passing the test and study it and practice with the skills taught in it, you will pass next time if you follow it.

pheelx3

l33t
HSC
I think he wanted me to fail because I am a girl and want to drive manual.
This is just begging for pity.
although my driving test went on for 50 minutes, i think the asshole was waiting for me to fuck up (i finished with 103/100 LOL - first go)

i didn't personally do it a wetherill park but
wetheril park has bad pass rates
where are you getting these stats? My diving instructor told me off for NOT choosing wetherill park due to the higher pass rates...
And a few of my friends got it there, easily.

but to OP, as said above exaggerate the head checks. definitely. and don't do it at fairfield because everyone there is a cunt. :)

astroman

HSC
This is just begging for pity.
although my driving test went on for 50 minutes, i think the asshole was waiting for me to fuck up (i finished with 103/100 LOL - first go)

i didn't personally do it a wetherill park but

where are you getting these stats? My diving instructor told me off for NOT choosing wetherill park due to the higher pass rates...
And a few of my friends got it there, easily.

but to OP, as said above exaggerate the head checks. definitely. and don't do it at fairfield because everyone there is a cunt. :)
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ute-for-p-plates/story-e6freuzi-1225813991994

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL. First go at Merrylands years ago. 37.76%

In any case, rather than worrying about pass rates why don't folks just make sure they can actually drive...If anything there are too many idiots out there who are a threat to themselves and everyone around them. IMO the test is too damned easy, most people fail on headchecks and parking rather than poor situational awareness, threat awareness and road positioning which is what gets most people in strife.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
p's test is pretty bullshit since you fail for the stupidest reasons, i failed for being asked to turn the demystifier on lol and going about 42kmh in a school zone.
In my opinion that is very much worthy of a fail. It's an indication of poor vehicle control while experiencing limiting conditions.

and also exaggerating head checks
It's not a case of exaggerating. It's a case of checking blind spots properly. A mirror does not cover any part of the blind spot so it's always necessary when deviating from your lane/straight path. A head check should be adequate to check 2 or 3 lanes beside you (in motorway/highway driving, if you don't check 2 or 3 lanes beside when changing lanes, prepare for a crash one day as that is a huge blind spot where another vehicle may be changing into your lane as well).

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Whetherill does have bad pass rates. If you are not familiar with the roads there, I'd suggest you take the test somewhere else or try booking the test when its quiet on the road I.e. earliest slot on Sat, Sun or around 11 on weekdays (in my experience in driving around that area)

epotolesmata

HSC
I have a car. I have money. I work. They did not give written feedback. My cousin was able to go 10 times in an auto and I go three in a manual which has many faults. It isn't simple

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)