I want to become a GP.. requirements (1 Viewer)

justCARLA

HSC
Hey everyone,

I want to become a GP however i probably won't have a high enough ENTER to get into a Medicine degree at uni straight away.

Does anyone know if it is possible to complete a course such as nursing or arts and then later on go and do a MBBS (Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery)?

And what are the requirements to get into a MBBS ?
is it possible to get into the course as a mature age student further down the track?

thanks for your help

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Does anyone know if it is possible to complete a course such as nursing or arts and then later on go and do a MBBS (Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery)?

Yes.

is it possible to get into the course as a mature age student further down the track?

Yes.

And what are the requirements to get into a MBBS ?

Check out this webpage on graduate entry (click on the 'admission process' link on the side bar).

justCARLA

HSC
thanks for the link and other replies, now I have somewhere to look to get the information I was after!
xx

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
there are also a handfull of unis that allow those with a tertiary record into their undergrad programmes (UWS, UTas, Newcastle)

bmwz4

HSC
vodkacrumble said:
there are also a handfull of unis that allow those with a tertiary record into their undergrad programmes (UWS, UTas, Newcastle)
what how is this possible? please explain and provide links!

aussiechica7

HSC
http://www.medstudentsonline.com/forums/index.php?showforum=6

if u start a tertiary degree u r called a "non-standard applicant".

have a look at the getting into med forums (particularly those that are pinned) and ask whatever q's u have there.

with a tertiary degree, u can apply to all the undergrad med schools except for adelaide and monash. they will either use your enter AND your gpa (grade point average- your marks at uni) OR just your gpa.

once u finish a degree u can apply for a 4-4.5 yr grad entry med degree.

after that u worry about whatever u need to do to become a GP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)